The Senior IT Purchasing Agent is the primary contact person for all technology and services purchased by the IT Organization. This role will provide leadership in sourcing and procuring technology-related goods and services for the business.
The Senior IT Purchasing Agent will be supporting the implementation and delivery of the Global IT Procurement Strategy within the organization ensuring that all suppliers are meeting agreed to performance levels and providing best commercial value for our business. Within this role the Technology Buyer/Contract Manager will be required to manage vendor relationships along with internal relationships to ensure that procurement is at the forefront of all activity. The role will also entail the rationalization of the existing IT supply base and negotiating commercial terms for new & existing contracts. Areas that the Technology Buyer will procure include hardware, software, services & telecoms.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Develop the organization’s Global IT Procurement Strategy
- Operate as the commodity buyer / contract governance manager with a focus on information technology & services.
- Administer contract governance; ensure suppliers are meeting SLA commitments and execute overall contract management policies and procedures.
- Procurement of Information Technology goods and services within established policies and procedures.
- Assist in development of specifications for RFPs and solicitation of bids from vendors.
- Establish and maintain IT vendor relationships to ensure sources of supply for purchases and bidding.
- Negotiate, establish and implement national and transnational contracts/agreements
- Evaluate and improve suppliers' performance in terms of time, cost and quality
- Lead issue resolution with suppliers
- Initiate and approve IT supplier setups on internal purchasing system
- Be knowledgeable on current technology products and industry trends
- Review purchase requisitions for accuracy and adequate detail.
- Oversee the generation of PO’s; review POs and invoices for Leadership approval.
- Expedite vendor payments and acceptance of received goods and services in the SAP system.
- Work with Finance staff to resolve purchase orders, invoice payment and reclassification of expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree (MS, IT or BS)
- 10+ years of Technology Buyer / Contract Negotiation experience (business to business)
- Experience in negotiating and establishing IT agreements and contracts with large IT vendors including IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, etc.
- Working knowledge of a broad range of IT platforms, technologies and services; including hardware, software and consulting services spanning technical infrastructure and applications.
- Ability to negotiate in a constructive manner
- Experience in negotiating online, SaaS agreements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with a wide range of computer hardware and software
- Business acumen combined with technical experience
- Comfortable interacting with legal teams to secure the proper terms and conditions
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated high quality oral, written and presentation communication skills; high quality interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to thrive in a constantly changing environment and possess the ability to quickly assimilate business objectives and applications employed throughout the organization.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment.
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex challenges related to contract negotiations and IT Supplier Management.
- Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Adaptable and need to have a passion for learning quickly and the ability to continue to grow and stretch your skills to adapt to the changing needs of the organization.
- Support development of an inclusive culture where all employees respect, value and leverage the individual differences, experiences, thoughts and beliefs of the company’s global community.
- C.P.M Certification
- Familiarity with SAP Purchasing System is preferred.
- Ability to devise creative technical solutions.
- Understanding of enterprise datacenter technologies including Server & Storage Computing, Networking, Security, TCP/IP and DNS.
- Candidates with a broad business understanding and applied knowledge and experience with the various business cycles in a logistics environment will be given preference.
- Familiar with MS Visio, MS Project and SharePoint
A competitive compensation package is being offered for the position. Excellent benefit plan details will be provided to final candidates.
TalenTrust works with rapidly growing, middle market companies who value their people. We are our client’s recruitment partner and identify exceptional talent to accelerate their growth. Unlike traditional staffing models, our recruitment process ensures full integration to capture a client’s culture and employment brand. We provide a personalized and collaborative value proposition to both the candidate and client.
Find out more about us by visiting our website www.TalenTrust.com .
Keywords: IT procurement, C.P.M., contract management, contract governance,
TalenTrust LLC - 17 months ago