This position is located at the Energy & Environmental Research Center (EERC), an international leader in energy and environmental research and technology commercialization, conducting projects for clients throughout the United States and the world. The position is responsible for construction, operation, and maintenance of bench- and pilot-scale test equipment. Types of equipment worked on include reactors, high-temperature/high-pressure hydrotreating units, hydrogen production facilities, combustors, and materials handling and wastewater treatment equipment. Other duties include field sampling, fabrication of equipment, plumbing, welding, carpentry experience, data collection and reduction, and troubleshooting. Will be required to perform general mechanical tasks. Travel up to 10% will be required. Duration of the trip could be from several days to 2 weeks. Shift work will be required. All projects are performed in a time-intensive manner. Because of the level of interaction with researchers, clients, and sponsors, as well as the emphasis placed on quality and timeliness, this position requires great attention to detail, excellent interpersonal skills, professionalism, and initiative, For more information regarding the EERC, visit the EERC's Web site at www.undeerc.org
Required Qualifications: * High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience with plumbing and pipe fitting and threading.
- Experience in a pilot plant of industrial plant operations or equivalent
- Ability to operate power and hand tools
- Ability to lift, bend, and climb stairs
- Applicant will be tested and must be qualified to wear a respirator and satisfactorily complete a physical exam
- Not required by the EERC, but some clients will require drug screenings.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience meeting deadlines
- Subject to Criminal History Background Check
Preferred Qualifications: * Experience with the operation of specialized equipment and instrumentation
- Experience with welding, carpentry, mechanics, and skills in fabrication
Special Instructions: Please complete UND Application/Control Card form found online at http://und.edu/finance-operations/human-resources-payroll/ referencing job title and posting number. If claiming Veteran’s preference, a DD Form 214 must be attached. If claiming Disabled Veterans Preference, a DD Form 214 and a copy of VA statement dated within past year must be attached. All applications must be received or postmarked by the closing date and have complete name and current mailing address