The Network Architect will be responsible for leading the design & documentation & implementation of SymphonyIRI’s voice and data infrastructure. Lead the deployment efforts as a lead engineer of a project based team. Design preparation, installation, configuration and documentation of network equipment ( such as routers and switches) and related software, primarily in a Cisco-based environment. Will serve as a last point of internal escalation for any networking related issues. Will work with other teams, such Development and the Operations/Maintenance Team to ensure that appropriate systems, bandwidth, redundancy, security and monitoring ( etc.) are in place for existing and new implementations.
Skills ( strong understanding and experience in design, implementation and support of the following)
· SIP/VoIP systems and protocol including cloud and premise based IP PBX
· Routing ( BGP, OSPF…)
· Firewalls ( Checkpoint, Cisco…)
· Advanced enterprise switching ( primarily Cisco) ( VLANS, traffic flow optimization, layer 2 vs. layer 3 implementations…)
· Ports and protocols ( complete understanding of IP stack and OSI model)
· End to end enterprise network design including bottom up creation of a new data center and addressing performance issues in an existing data center
· WAN implementation and optimization ( QoS and CoS , MPLS, VPN, GRE, compression, acceleration…)
· Load balancing ( F5) ( design, implementation, in-band vs. out of band, TCL…)
· Advanced knowledge of Cisco monitoring stack ( Netflow …)
· Advanced knowledge of synthetic transaction and live transaction inspection methods of application performance monitoring, debugging, and tuning ( Opnet…)
· High School Diploma/GED
· At least 5 years experience in maintaining, designing, and documenting enterprise network and VOIP environments.
· English: Intermediate
· Bachelor's Degree
· At least 1 year experience in designing enterprise Cisco disaster recovery environments.
· Certified in CCNA
· Familiarity with one or more virtualization reference design ( vBlock, FlexPod…)
SymphonyIRI Group - 2 years ago