The Data Storage Architect will develop and lead the design, implementation and optimization of IRI’s data storage, backup and storage networking infrastructure. This position will require expert knowledge in the hardware and software of storage systems, SAN, NAS, backup, compression, deduplication, striping/mirroring, thin provisioning, data migration, replication, etc. as well as expert knowledge in the development, design, and implementation of complex systems ( both ground up Greenfield datacenter and implementing and improving systems in existing data center).
The Data Storage Architect will be required to develop software and hardware configuration and architecture recommendations based on a cost of ownership model that is appropriate for each system/project/client. This will include the analysis and documentation of performance characteristics as it pertains to network configurations, application inter-process communications, messaging, and middleware on various hardware platforms. In this role an individual will be expected to analyze existing server, network configurations, and data change rates to architect new data storage solutions.
- Virtualization solutions/administration area.
- Virtual Datacenter standards and configurations.
- VMWare Converter Platespin or Double-take host migration tools.
- Application and Data Center migration projects having multi Terabyte data migrations on
Windows, HP-UX, and Linux.
- Design and implementation of data migration and replication solutions
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 5 years experience in storage systems design, development, implementation and support
- At least 2 years experience in Experience in utilization capturing, application affitinities, Network
traffic optimization for storage performance
- At least 4 years experience in Negotiation and/or Outsourcing vendor interaction
- English: Intermediate knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity with current ( VMax…) and legacy ( DMX3000…) EMC storage systems
- Familiarity for current and legacy SAN fiberchannel and ficon switching systems
- Familiarity with Sun/Oracle ZFS storage systems and Familiarity with one or more virtualization
reference design ( vBlock, FlexPod…)
- Outstanding analytical skills ( e.g. must be able to analyze unique customer environments and
suggest appropriate migration approaches)
IRI is a leader in delivering powerful market and shopper information, predictive analysis and the foresight that leads to action. We go beyond the data to ignite extraordinary growth for our clients in the CPG, retail and over-the-counter healthcare industries by pinpointing what matters and illuminating how it can impact their businesses across sales and marketing. IRI is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity.
SymphonyIRI Group - 14 months ago