Must have diversified knowledge of daily business school procedures, in the areas of finance, payroll and human resources. Ability to teach and communicate to all school system employees at all levels. Serves as a resource on all financial tasks. Must have working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and file formats.
This vacancy is open until filled with an anticipated start date of May 1, 2013.
- Serves as systems administrator/manager, coordinating access, usage and security;
- Develops applications and uses for available technology based on the specific needs and mission of the agency;
- Troubleshoots software and equipment problems, offering solutions and making repairs as appropriate;
- Assist with program updating and maintenance;
- May serve as agency liaison or interface for other school employees;
- Serves as department or agency interface/liaison to Department of Information Technology for the entire school system
- Serves a help-desk resource, responding to user questions on financial problems,
- Designs and develops new forms, updates forms and templates relevant to the needs and mission of the assigned agency and for schools use in general;
- Maintains an updated record of all user Ids for assigned system(s) and network(s), in coordination with Information Technology;
- Maintains Oracle financial user accounts, responsibilities, etc.
- Assists with report generation for all departments of the school system with regard to oracle financials;
- Assists with all budget preparation documents from planning to approval;
- Provides technical support to all principals, directors, specialists, supervisors and administrators for the budget program;
- Prepares, tracks, and oversees mileage supplement forms and process;
- Prepares, tracks, and oversees police billing to and from all schools
- Works with team members to promote a positive work environment;
- Attends work daily and be engaged on task;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of school operations preferred. Must have excellent computer skills in Windows platforms. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, FileMaker Pro. Possession of a bachelor's degree in information systems/technology, math, business or a related field and three (3) years of work experience directly related to the position to which assigned OR any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
This position is a 260 day (12 month) position.
The minimum salary is $51,908.81.
This vacancy is open until filled with an a nticipated start date of May 1, 2013.
Henrico County, Virginia
- 2 years ago - save job
Henrico Schools are well known throughout not only the region and state but also the nation.
The school division is equipped with the...