SABIC Innovative Plastics is one of the world’s leading providers of advanced engineering thermoplastics with revenues of $6.8B. We have over 9,000 global employees and operations in 35 countries and are part of one of the most respected petrochemical companies in the world. SABIC is known for their commitment to innovation and excellence.
Primary responsibilities include:
§ Supporting lab efforts in the HPP Technology Group including but not limited conducting lab reactions in glassware, performing polymer isolation processes, working with pressure filters, assisting with 20 Liter reactions, analytical support of all HPP technology programs.
§ Routine instrument calibration, maintenance, and troubleshooting as required maintaining efficiency and data quality. Assist with new method development for lab programs.
§ Collect information for ordering of laboratory supplies and coordinate with sourcing to submit orders.
§ Maintaining accurate laboratory records and communicating results to other team members.
§ Lab cleaning responsibilities include, maintaining chemical inventories, disposing of waste, and general housekeeping as required to ensure a safe work environment. Qualifications/Requirements • Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry.
- Must have ability and willingness to work overtime and call-ins as needed.
- Candidates must be able to perform the essential physical requirements of the position.
- You must submit your applications for employment through www.sabic-ip.com/careers to be considered
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States Desired Skill - Proficient in MS Word/Powerpoint/Excel
- Familiar with Gas Chromatography (GC), High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC), titration, and other laboratory techniques.
- Willingness to take statistical training courses.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative
- Working knowledge of the hazards of handling chemicals, a working knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), and an understanding of wet laboratory practices and analysis.