As our Telecommunications/Electronics Technician, Level 3 (NCI: Telecom Tech) , you will provide IT services in the form of flexible QC and Information Systems Engineering (ISE) support for a wide variety of IT systems. These systems include the construction and installation of inside and outside copper and fiber optic cable infrastructure, manhole and duct systems, direct buried cables, aerial/pole mounted cables, hardware for data and voice networks for core backbone networks, user building premise distribution systems, Local Area Network switches, Wireless Local Area Network devices, Dense Wave Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems, Synchronous Optical Networks (SONET), Voice systems (TDM,VOIP), and Integrated Services Digital Networks (ISDN). Providing QC and ISE support for IT auxiliary support systems includes equipment shelters, HVAC, and AC/DC power systems (generators, battery systems, inverters, rectifiers, power distribution, and grounding systems). Typical construction and equipment installation activities occur during regular business hours (Monday – Friday 8a.m. to 5p.m.) however there may be instances when certain tasks may only be performed during non-duty hours or on weekends. In a typical month, an additional 20 hours of inspections per site may be conducted outside of regular business hours. The Contractor is expected to provide coverage for these instances as approved by the Government.
Highlights of Responsibilities
- Perform on-site QC construction surveillance, installation inspections, systems test monitoring, for various IT projects at CONUS and OCONUS sites.
- Review site-specific construction contract documents (minus all proprietary information) and engineering drawings. Complete QC Inspection Checklist.
- Maintain a detailed installation discrepancy checklist.
- Maintain a site incident report.
- Complete weekly status report.
- Review system test plans.
- Produce and maintain up to date red-line drawing packages.
- Reconcile records with IT project implementation contractor.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Active Secret Security Clearance and or the ability to obtain one.
- 2 years of telecommunications/electronics vocational training or professional certification from an ABET accredited Technical school or equivalent military school and 10+ years of experience in two or more relevant functional areas.
- Inside and Outside Plant experience.
*This position is an hourly temporary position at 40 working hours a week without benefits ending 4/8/13 with a likely 3 month extension to possible permanent option to convert to permanent employee.
- Associate or Bachelor degree in Electronics or Technology. Prior military service or support of government customers.
- Information Assurance certifications (A+, Security+, Network+, etc) and or BICSI Certification.
At NCI, we’re more than just a paycheck…
We offer significant opportunity for growth at NCI – Adding more and more employees and company locations nationwide, we continue to seek top talent to ensure our path of innovation, growth and unmatched customer experience. We reward our employees with competitive compensation, flexible time off, retirement plan with company match and much more…
MEDICAL/DENTAL/VISION PROGRAMS - NCI offers three medical plan options to meet the personal health needs and budgets of our full-time employees and their families. All plans provide our employees and their eligible dependents with major medical and prescription drug coverage. The dental plan provides coverage options so as to ensure our full-time employees and their eligible dependents are able to follow a regularly scheduled program of dental care with their providers of choice. A vision maintenance plan offers a cost-savings option for our full-time employees and their families in need of comprehensive annual eye exams, prescription glasses, and contact lenses.
STOCK & WEALTH - NCI’s 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan is eligible to all full-time and regular part-time employees. Employees may elect to have contributions invested in any of the 15 different investment funds, five retirement-date-based funds, or three different portfolio options available under the plan. The company matching contribution is equal to 50% of employee elected pre-tax contributions up to 6% of eligible pay, subject to the IRS maximum.
LIFE INSURANCE - NCI provides company paid Basic Life/ AD&D Insurance Coverage. The basic coverage benefit is equal to one times (1X) an employee's annual base salary. Employees may also opt for a generous flat rate insurance coverage. For coverage above the company-provided limits, employees may purchase supplemental insurance coverage for themselves and their family members.
WORK/LIFE BALANCE - All employees are eligible for additional programs including Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Flexible Spending Programs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Health Club Reimbursement through NCI’s Wellness Program
It is your turn… Choose your career path and become part of the NCI team where you will be valued for your unique skills and capabilities and where you will be rewarded for key contributions to NCI and our customers.
Make the commitment and take the next step towards joining the NCI Team. Our application process will take approximately 5-10 minutes to complete.
If you do not meet the minimum qualifications for this position, please review our current openings now and in the future. Thank you for your interest in NCI!
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
NCI Information Systems, Inc. - 22 months ago
NCI isn't the newest hit show on CBS, but an IT services provider primarily for US federal government agencies. Among its services are...