Mutual Telecom Services (MTS) is recognized around the globe as a premier voice and data solutions integrator. Come join the team that sets the standard for superior performance and strong focus on customer satisfaction. MTS engineers, furnishes, installs, tests, operates and maintains telecommunications and data systems for COs, PBXs, remotes, WANs, LANs, tactical systems, and secure systems. MTS maintains telecommunications networks including transmission and multiplexing systems and inside and outside cable plants.
MTS is seeking a highly-motivated Telecommunications System Administrator/Programmer to support a comprehensive Telecommunications Managed Services operation in Northern Virginia.
A Telecommunications System Administrator/Programmer is considered an advanced telecommunications specialty. System Administrator/Programmer work inside a central office administering and maintaining complex switching and routing equipment used in voice, video, copper, fiber optics and data transmission networks. Main functions are the performing administrative and programming functions associated to the operations of CS-1000 PBX and associated voicemail systems.
· CS-1000 PBX and associated voicemail systems
o Move/Add/Change Programming
o Mailbox Creation and Software Maintenance
o Coordinated Dialing Plans
o Trunk Routes/Translations
· Records Maintenance
o Direct In Dial Telephone Number and Port Utilization Tracking
o Optical Fiber Cable Plant
o Copper Cable Plant
o Other technical records
o Traffic Studies
· Telecommunication System software upgrade/patch testing and installation
· Coordination with other contract service providers and Authority staff as needed
· performs translations in PBXs to activate station lines and features, assigns classes of service and voice mail access to users, and other Tier I PBX services
· schedules and performs software back-ups and updates
· performs turn-up, acceptance, and provisioning of dedicated digital data circuits such as T1-T3, DS and OC level circuits
· maintains detailed records/logs of daily activity
- On-Call and emergency repairs to supported equipment, facilities and outside plant that does not invalidate manufacturer provided warranties and maintenance support.
· High School graduate
· 3-5 years experience as CO Switch Technician
· Avaya/Nortel switch O&M certifications
· advanced knowledge of telephony and AC/DC power
· advanced knowledge of work schematics, circuit drawings and engineering specs
· technical knowledge of complex switching systems at the Tier I and Tier II levels (Tier III is generally a responsibility of the switch vendor either through warranty or maintenance contract)
· highly proficient in the transmission parameters and protocols of subscriber carrier systems, complex data systems and advanced networking such as DWDM, VoIP, IP, LAN/WAN, DSL, SONET, ATM, and SS7
· operates and calibrates test equipment associated with complex switching systems
· valid driver’s license
Compensation: Mutual Telecom Services Inc. offers a competitive salary with health benefits as well as 401(k) and vacation pay.