Hours: 7:30am - 6:00pm 4 days/week, includes every other weekend
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Responsible for receiving incoming calls from the community, answering health questions, providing basic first aid options, and facilitating referral to primary providers, specialists, HCA healthcare facilities, and community resources. This nurse will also educate the caller when appropriate regarding immediate care advice and preventive behaviors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Performs all components of call processing.
- Performs data entry at time of call.
- Able to access and discuss with callers the hospital services, contacts, directions, etc.
- Utilizes clinical expertise and approved protocols and resources to respond to caller’s inquiries
- Provides physician referrals to callers as requested.
- Documents all inquiries for medico legal/statistical purposes.
- Mails letters, health topics and hospital literature agreed to by caller.
- Maintains confidentiality of all interactions.
- Documents Call Tracking information
- Utilizes survey cards to determine outcome of advice or referral.
- Enters information from returned surveys within the monthly reporting period.
- Keeps self and telephone available for calls unless otherwise assigned
- Ensures that call documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to callers, department management, and co-workers.
- Responsible for review of productivity statistics/information as communicated by DON.
- Ensures that requirements of call audits are met as reviewed by DON
- Ensures that performance standard for hold time are met.
- Ensures that performance standard for abandonment rate are met.
- Delivers nursing care that reflects the cultural, spiritual, intellectual/educational, and psychosocial differences of individual patients, families, or communities, and preserves patient’s autonomy, dignity and rights.
- Participates in the selection and review of the decision support tools/processes as they relate to telehealth nursing practice and improving quality and performance. These are the processes used to direct care by members of the telehealth team.
- Follow all guidelines and policies for CAN employees.
- Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
- PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in PC applications as required
- Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
- Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required, BSN preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of nursing experience or minimum of 5 years recent critical care and/or emergency room nursing work experience required.
- Registered Nurse – Florida, and all other states in which Call Center serves HCA Hospitals.
HCA Inc - 20 months ago