The leading health insurer in the Philadelphia region, Independence Blue Cross is a company in motion, continually refining our processes and products to offer the best value to our more than 3.1 million members nationwide. As a pacesetter in the dynamic health care industry, Independence Blue Cross is not only a leader, but also an innovator, growing and expanding into new markets to enhance the health and wellness of the people and communities we serve.
The individual will handle inbound and outbound calls from/to Medicare beneficiary prospects for the purpose of selling Supplemental, Medicare Advantage and prescription plan lines of business, and scheduling prospect seminars and home visits. The individual will be responsible for education seniors and the community about IBC Medicare products; generating enrollment leads and referrals. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining leads which includes timely reporting and documentation of results for use by management. At all times, this position must conduct themselves in full compliance with state and federal regulatory requirements. The individual must have effective oral and written communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities :
Competencies and Key Actions Result Orientation
- Meet sales and sales development goals as assigned by management.
- Conducts telemarketing activities, both inbound and outbound to respond to inquiries, generate appointments, and follow-up on leads, referrals and re-marketing opportunities.
- Explain Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans to prospects and customers which includes cost of Medicare Part B monthly premium; applicable co-pays and deductibles; how original Medicare works; what Medicare covers; coverage gaps in Medicare; and programs to help pay Medicare costs.
- Must be detailed oriented, have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and have the ability to work in a high volume environment when needs are required.
- Flexibility to work extended hours is preferred.
- Schedule appointments for brokers and field service representatives to meet with prospective customers or for customers to attend sales seminars.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Takes action to meet performance standards, striving to meet and exceed expectations
- Maintains commitment to goals, showing persistence in overcoming obstacles and frustrations.
- Displays strong sense of urgency about solving problems and getting work done to improve performance.
Customer Relationship Management
- Displays flexibility and openness to changes and improvements in daily work routines
- Demonstrates the drive to learn and acquire new skills and knowledge to support new processes, tools, business initiatives or changes
- Supports efficiency and effectiveness to the sales process.
The qualified individual must possess a minimum of 2 years direct sales and retention experience with an emphasis on Medicare. Demonstrate strong time management, organizational and follow-skills required and must exhibit sensitivity towards the targeted population. Strong computer skills are essential. A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and an active PA, NJ and WV license in Health and Accident insurance is required for this role.
- Clear Communication- Engages in clear and concise exchange if information to educate customers or prospects through understanding and anticipating their needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Independence Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All resumes submitted directly to an Independence Blue Cross Family of Companies employee from a vendor via email, the Internet or in any other form without a valid written search agreement in place for this position from the Independence Blue Cross Family of Companies Human Resources Department will be deemed the sole property of the Independence Blue Cross Family of Companies . Please note that no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by the Independence Blue Cross Family of Companies as a result of the referral or through means other than our established process.
Independence Blue Cross - 18 months ago
Independence Blue Cross (IBC) provides health insurance and related services to some 2.2 million members in southeastern Pennsylvania and,...