Performs all basic teller duties with minimum supervision.
Assists members in accordance with operating procedures of the Credit Union. Cross-sell all credit union services. Balance cash drawer daily. Responsible for the security of negotiables until signed over to the proper designated employee. Cross-trains to learn other teller functions.
Universal Characteristics: The following characteristics should be present in all tellers and must be demonstrated consistently before being considered for advancement in the Teller Career Ladder.
- Reliable attendance
- Good balancing record.
- Excellent service to members, including addressing member by name
- Cooperative with co-workers, supervisors, and all other employees
- Comfortable and effective with cross-selling products and services
- Maintains a professional image at work
- Previous experience in a money-handling and/or customer service environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Personal computer, basic office equipment.
- Friendly, outgoing individual with good communication skills. Must maintain a neat and professional appearance.
- While the following list is not exhaustive and may be supplemented, identified physical requirements include ability to lift heavy bags of coin, to stand on feet for long periods of time and to operate standard teller equipment.