Responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, official checks, money orders, and cash advances. Balances and verifies cash totals. Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other Tellers with a variety of duties as required. Ensures that clients are promptly and professionally served. Performs most complex teller functions as needed. Actively cross sells bank products and services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of Teller functions.
2. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with clients.
- Represents the bank in a courteous and professional manner.
- Receives and processes deposits.
- Receives and processes loan payments.
- Cashes checks and other negotiable instruments for clients.
- Examines documents for endorsements and negotiability.
- Processes transfers between accounts.
- Sells traveler’s checks, official checks, and money orders.
- Processes credit card cash advances.
- Verifies and balances cash.
- Detects and resolves discrepancies promptly.
- Has no more than one proof error within a 30-day period.
- Follow Teller procedures consistently.
3. Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management.
- Ensures that client requests and inquiries are promptly resolved.
- Operates online teller terminal.
- Maintains privacy of customer information.
- Ensures that the Bank’s quality reputation is maintained and projected.
4. Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Assists with training or orientation as needed.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends meetings and training classes that may be held on weekdays, evenings, and/or Saturdays.
5. Assumes responsibility for Bank Secrecy Act / Anti Money Laundering related duties as required or assigned.
- Performs night drop functions as assigned.
- Performs related clerical duties as assigned.
- Ensures that work areas are clean, secure, and well maintained.
- Cross sells Bank products and services.
A CREDIT REPORT WILL BE RUN ON QUALIFIED APPLICANTS!
- Will be responsible for understanding the BSA/AML regulations, policies and procedures
- Will be responsible for reporting any suspicious or unusual activity by customers or associates.
- Will be responsible for completing the annual BSA/AML Training.
Good communication skills.
Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
Good math skills.
Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
Good typing skills.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent.
Required Knowledge: Excellent knowledge of Teller policies and procedures, and understanding of Bank
Experience Required: At least one year of related experience/cash handling required.
Prosperity Bancshares reaches banking customers across the Lone Star State. The holding company for Prosperity Bank operates 213 branches in...