Conduct transactions with speed, accuracy and efficiency while meeting or exceeding service quality standards. Safeguard bank assets assigned to them. Contribute to the growth of the bank by promoting and cross selling bank products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES : (Other duties may be assigned.)
1. Receives, pay out cash, handles negotiable items, loan payments, deposits, withdrawals and transfers.
2. Sets up, closes and balances teller station.
3. Records sales of monetary instruments.
4. Assists customers with inquiries in person or by telephone.
5. Maintains neat and well stocked teller area.
6. Cross sells bank products and services.
7. Follows limits established for protection of customer accounts and bank safety and soundness.
8. Adheres to bank policies and procedures.
9. Assists with balancing Vault, ATM, Night Drop, and Coin Machine as assigned.
10. Assists with proper scanning of bank documents and proof work.
11. Assists with proper scanning of bank documents and proof work.
12. Exercise judgment when applying holds and making check cashing decisions.
13. Cross train to be available to open basic new consumer accounts.
14. Adheres to work schedule. Must be flexible in availability for work schedule.
15. Maintains positive, friendly and professional attitude and appearance.
16. Completes required BSA/AML training and other compliance training as assigned.
17. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Mental alertness and adaptability to office and field area work routines. Equivalent to four years high school, with particular emphasis during high school in office skills, shop skills, or others, plus 0 to 6 months related experience or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, general public and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide numbers. Ability to perform these mathematical skills using money and other forms of measurement.
CRITICAL THINKING SKILLS
Ability to use common sense understanding in order to carry out simple multi-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with limited variables.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
Basic: 10-Key, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
Under immediate supervision, performs general assignments of work, with periodic check of performance by supervisor.
Limited responsibility with regard to specific assignments in planning time, method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work operations.
Performs work operations which permit infrequent opportunity for decision-making of minor importance and which would only affect the operating efficiency of the individual involved to a slight degree.
Moderate mental demand. Operations requiring almost continuous attention, but work is sufficiently repetitive that a habit cycle is formed; operations requiring intermittent directed thinking to determine or select materials, equipment or operations where variable sequences may be selected by the employee.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY / PROBLEM SOLVING
Repetitive. Activities or duties using a pre-determined set of processes or directions coupled with nearby supervision. Learned things in situations where choice is simple or patterned.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, road and production machines and equipment, etc.)
Probable errors of internal scope should ordinarily be detected within the department or office in which they occur, but may affect the work of others within the unit, requiring additional expenditure of time to trace errors and make all necessary corrections. Errors would require a moderate amount of time to
Frequent contacts with general public, patrons, or other outside representatives, wherein the manner of handling these contacts has a bearing on the organization's position and operation.
Contacts occasionally with others beyond immediate associates, but generally of a routine nature. May obtain, present or discuss data, but only as pertains to an immediate and specific assignment. No responsibility for obtaining cooperation or approval of action or decision.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to taste or smell; regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear; occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Centennial Bank - 30+ days ago