** This is a month to month contract **
M - F 7:00 Am - 3:30 PM with flexibility in hours. Might be willing to consider a part-timer if we can find the skills needed to do the work.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Responsible for providing guidance and support in any and all of the following areas related to export/import administration:
- Antiboycott/Restrictive Trade Practices - Customs Regulations
- Product Classification - Import Assists
- Export Licensing - Foreign Sourcing
- Re-export Authority - Terms and Conditions
- Technical Data Authority - Duty Drawback
- Contracts/Agreements - Denial Lists
- Export Documentation - Origin/Valuation
- Letters of Credit/Financing
2. Serves as an organization-wide technical resource supporting the resolution of import and export compliance issues. May include investigation and analysis and/or definition of corrective measures.
3. Classifies materials with proper harmonized tariff classification, ECCN code, and country of origin to maintain database information that ensures accurate compliance documents.
4. Participates in the development of international policies and procedures that ensure effective compliance to all applicable import/export regulatory requirements.
5. Ensures record retention system is in compliance with U.S. Customs requirement.
6. Develops compliance training content, and conducts or participates in training as required.
7. Conducts regular periodic audits to evaluate effectiveness of various aspects of the Import/Export Compliance
8. Keeps abreast of current domestic and world events to ensure up-to-date knowledge of import/export issues and
9. Provide operational support to MTS Import / Export Compliance Manager.
10. Interfaces in daily operations of custom broker and logistics partners. Ensures they are compliant on MTS material/ transactions.
4-year degree in business, finance or related technical field, or
2-year associates or vo-tech degree and 4 years experience working within an import/export compliance environment, or
8 years experience working within an import/export compliance environment.
Strong working knowledge of US Customs and Bureau of Industry and Security regulations.
Operational experience with a customs house brokerage firm is a plus.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 6 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...