As a team member of the Jones Graduate School AV group, the Temporary A/V Technician provides customer service to the Jones School staff, faculty and students. The Temporary A/V Technician monitors AV systems' status and serves as the "first responder" for issues or problems in McNair Hall. The Temporary A/V Technician is responsible for assisting faculty and other system users in the general use of instructional technologies, providing technical assistance to users if problems occur, and alerting appropriate IT system support staff of outages and other problems when they occur. Produce, capture, edit and publish videos. Numerous other tasks and duties including shipping and receiving, inventory management, A/V event assistance, system and component installation, troubleshooting, repair and monitoring are also performed by the Temporary A/V Technician.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience may not be substituted for the education requirement.
Experience troubleshooting equipment and current experience in a modern audio-visual environment, including video capturing.
May substitute related education, above and beyond what is required, on an equivalent year for year basis in lieu of the experience requirement.
Other Skills Required
- Working knowledge of current operating systems, including MS Windows XP/Windows 7 and all MS Office applications.
- Must be able to perform basic cable management as required and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, written & verbal.
- Ability to find and diagnose common system configuration
- Knowledge of PCs in networked environments. Must be able to teach the use of audiovisual equipment and software, and audiovisual classroom systems to faculty, staff & students. Must be familiar with PowerPoint.
- Requires an ability to work without supervision.
- Requires skill and good judgment in communicating with University faculty and staff, representatives from external organizations, and vendors.
- Demonstrated team player experience. Must possess excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work assignments. Flexibility of work hours.
- A high level of self-motivation, adaptability, and integrity. Must have a high energy level.
Rice University - 18 months ago
You have to be as wise as an owl to attend Rice University, and have really good SAT scores. Often referred to as the "Ivy League of...