Tween Brands is a world-class specialty retailer that builds an exciting and powerful connection with our customer through well-defined fashion brands. We believe we are creating one of the best work experiences in retail. Tween Brands is a place where people can do great work and live great lives! Each area in our company plays an important role in the delivery of quality products for tweens (7 thru 14 years of age). Position Summary: Works in a support role to maintain assigned department(s) product from concept to factory production. Assists Designer in all aspects of product design; including boards, approvals, samples, presentations, vendor communications and meeting preparation. Coordinates packages, artwork and sketches with support teams. What you’ll do: · Communicate daily with vendors on design issues via email regarding approvals and production issues. · Organize and maintain samples and boards for each season. Prepare for daily meetings. · Maintain samples and filing per season. General upkeep of department. Stay current with trend. · Coordinate with cross functional teams (PDM, Sketch, CAD, Graphics, Tech, Color, and Merchants) to develop and approve product throughout design process. · Work with other design teams to ensure outfit building is executed properly. Are you Tween Brands material? We hope so. Here's what we look for: |
What we value - we are:
- Individuals with a passion for fashion and strong customer intimacy knowledge.
- Individuals with intense fashion radar that allow them to translate trends that work for "our girl".
- Individuals that live in the marketplace and can apply their knowledge to our business.
- Individuals that work collaboratively with internal and external partners to get the job done.
- Individuals that possess the critical ability to translate customer knowledge into actionable annual and seasonal business plan to achieve sales and profit plans for one or more merchandise categories.
- Focused: as the premier tween specialist, we put our customer first in everything we do!
- Driven: we set goals, have high standards, and achieve results!
- Creative: our tween is all about what's new and what's hot. We encourage innovation and support creativity because that's what they expect from us.
- Ethical: simply put, our tween and their mom expect us to always do the right thing!
- Balanced: everyone needs to be rejuvenated - we want you to enjoy life, have fun, and take care of you!
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts specializing in Fashion Design
- Strong organizational skills, adaptability and flexibility
- Team oriented, self-motivated, able to juggle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Web PDM, Word and Outlook
- Thinks creatively, possesses the ability to identify trends and tracks ongoing business
Dressbarn, Inc. - 14 months ago
With over 900 stores throughout the United States, Canada, and an international presence, Tween Brands is the leading tween specialty...