It’s not a slogan. It’s a philosophy.
Join our team!
Position: Temporary Contract - Associate Attorney
Gurstel Chargo, PA. is a busy Creditor's Rights law firm in Scottsdale, AZ seeking a Temporary Contract Associate Attorney (0-1 years' experience) for its Retail Collections Department for a temporary project expected to last 4-6 months. "Accountability Matters" is our motto. Our practice blend is uniquely designed to provide businesses with financial solutions and asset recovery. Our focus provides sophisticated and occasionally unlikely solutions to our clients fiscally driven matters.
Qualified candidates will have strong academic credentials and a willingness to work in a fast paced, high volume environment. Responsibilities will include a wide variety of tasks associated with debt collection. Successful candidates will have strong communication skills, and a passion for collection law.
Summary of essential job functions
· Attend court proceedings
· Experience in litigation and collections law. Networks to create opportunities for growth.
· Handles caseload and provides analysis and advice on legal and regulatory risks
· Interpret laws, rulings and regulations impacting the company and advise the business as appropriate.
· Provides legal counsel and escalated complaints.
· Works with the Director of Attorneys to report all activity and results minimum requirements.
· Background in civil litigation and experience attending court proceedings.
· Requires membership in the State Bar as an attorney qualified to practice law the state of AZ with J.D. from accredited law school.
· Knowledge of federal, state and local laws. Ability to analyze case law and provide recommendations.
· Advanced knowledge and thorough understanding of bankruptcy and collection law with respect to regulatory requirements.
· Experience in consumer credit and/or drafting and negotiating complex contracts is considered a plus.
· Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
· Represent the Company or its officials in various legal proceeds and attend court hearings when required.
· Prepare legal pleadings, motions, discovery, stipulations, etc. Also to write, review, and edit reports, opinions, correspondence, articles, and other documents.
· Knowledge of FDCPA regulations preferred.
· Familiarity with CLS is a plus.
Other Knowledge Skills & Abilities
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical and basic research skills related to the retrieval and organization of high volumes of information.
· Excelling in Time Management with the proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment.
· Ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
· Ability to think globally by ways of strategic planning and risk management