The individual in this position provides support to administrative staff in the Department of Pediatrics. The individual is responsible for activities specifically assigned to the individual by the supervisor as related to patient access including, but not limited to, front-end customer service, data entry, scanning and indexing of patient medical records, and preparation for outpatient clinic. The individual will assist with the daily operations of the practice by checking patients in, updating registration information in GE IDX, check-out and cashiering. In addition, the individual will assist with developing, populating and managing financial data reports in coordination with the department administrator and may be assigned a variety of other administrative tasks. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Georgetown University Hospital's (GUH) philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
- Bachelor's degree required. Active enrollment in a Master's program strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of computerized scheduling and registration systems.
- Working knowledge of IDX/GE Centricity Business preferred.
- Experience with an electronic health record system desired, especially GE Centricity Clinical or Aria.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and customer service skills, and good telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to deal effectively and professionally with a variety of different individuals.
- Ability to perform in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Career, Employment, Jobs, Opening, Shift, Schedule, Staff, Department, Unit, Office, Occupation, Compensation, Salary, Benefits, Description, Days, Evenings, Nights, Weekends, Full Time, Part Time, PRN, Per Diem, Hospital, Health Care, Clinic, Healthcare, Physician, Medical, Clinical, Administrative Assistant, Admin Asst, Receptionist, Scheduler, Clerk, Clerical, Secretary, Secretarial, Transcribe, Transcription, MS Office, Microsoft, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital - 5 months ago
copy to clipboard
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital is a not-for-profit, acute-care teaching and research hospital with 609 beds located in Northwest...