Building cleaning workers – including porters, janitors, maids, housekeeping cleaners, window washers and rug shampooers -- keep premises of commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Other duties may be assigned.
• Cleans offices, bathrooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
• Wet- or dry-mop floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, removing rubbish, pressure washing, gum and graffiti removal.
• Make minor repairs, painting and carpentry, replenish bathroom supplies, landscaping and snow removal.
• Sweeps, scrubs, waxes, and polishes floor, lighting fixtures, marble surfaces, and trim.
• Cleans rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and draperies.
• Dusts furniture and equipment.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Transports small equipment or tools between departments.
• Sets up tables and chairs in auditorium, meeting rooms or hall.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions.
• Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
• Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Education and/or Experience
Less than high school education or up to two years related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Drug Free Workplace
Special note to third party recruiters: Forest City Enterprises values its relationships with our vendor partners. Occasionally we invite third party recruiters to assist us in filling an open requisition, and resumes must be submitted only through our talent supplier portal by those firms authorized to present candidates to us. Currently we are not seeking assistance from any third party or contingency recruiters for this position, and any resumes sent via email, internet or any other means will be considered unsolicited and Forest City will not be responsible for placement fees.
Forest City Enterprises - 20 months ago