The Program Manager manages a team of program coordinators and is responsible for the execution of high quality educational experiences for scholars attending the international programs (inside and outside the United States). In conjunction with his/her vendor contacts, the Program Manager ensures business goals are achieved, program goals are achieved, and educational goals are achieved. Furthermore, s/he:
- Demonstrates leadership that aligns and improves the experience of attending scholars
- Demonstrates leadership that increases scholar, parent, mentor and staff replication
- Interview, train, manage and coach temporary program coordinators for the programs.
- Interview, train, manage and coach field staff for college and high school level programs.
- Serve as point of contact for suppliers and key contacts in Australia, China, Europe and/or United States of America to develop and implement programs in those destinations ensuring high quality and experience-rich programs.
- Manage the development, implementation and evaluation of programs in China, the United States and other destinations assigned.
- Respond to all customer service needs (scholars, families, parents) and be on-call during all programs.
- Budget maintenance and reconciliation.
- Liaison with inter-department contacts to continually improve process, communication and implementation.
- Assist in other duties (e.g. 2013 domestic program development) as assigned.
o Bachelor of Arts or Science degree required
- Degree & Certifications (required and preferred):
o Master of Arts degree preferred
o Excellent written and verbal communication (required)
- Skills (required and preferred):
o Ability to multi-task (required)
o Strong decision-making skills (required)
o Strong attention to detail (required)
o Superior project management (required)
o Strong networking skills (required)
o Proven experience in team-driven work environment (required)
o International work experience (required)
o Ability to work and exceed in a cross-cultural setting when under pressure (required)
o Background in training and facilitation design (strongly preferred)
o Event planning and experiential education experience (strongly preferred)
o Customer service experience (strongly preferred)
o Budget experience (planning, setting, maintaining) (preferred)
o Microsoft Office, notably Excel (required)
- Knowledge (required and preferred):
o International education experience (strongly preferred)
o Higher education/college/university student group management experience (strongly preferred)
o Secondary education student group management experience (strongly preferred)
o Adult education experience (preferred)
o Travel industry experience (preferred)
o Two years; education and/or customer-service related industry (required)
- Minimum number of years experience and in what area of focus (required and preferred):
o One year; travel industry or international work experience (required)
How many regular employees is this position directly supervising? __0__
How many temporary employees is this position directly supervising? __4__
when programs in operation (approximately late May-early August 2013) - required
- International and domestic on-site residential conference management and travel including 24 hour on call status
Envision EMI is proud to be an E/O/E!