ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, global videogame competitions and breakthrough digital experiences. EA SPORTS delivers personal access to the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports simulation videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA JAM basketball, NCAA® Football, Fight Night boxing, EA SPORTS MMA, Tiger Woods PGA TOUR® golf, and EA SPORTS Active. For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
Quality Assurance Technicians, or Testers, perform a vital role in game development, testing, tuning, debugging, and suggesting detailed refinements that lead to higher quality and better playability of the finished game. The job involves playing (i.e., testing) the game in a systematic way, analyzing the game’s performance against the designer’s intentions, identifying problems, and suggesting improvements. In effect, they act as the game’s first audience, reporting on playability and identifying any aspects which could be improved. Testers are responsible for assuring quality in the final product and for finding flaws in a game before it goes public.
Role Overview - Temporary QA Tester
What skills does EA look for?
Testers must be analytical and methodical. Good English language skills (written and verbal) are necessary in order to document findings and communicate them to colleagues. IT competence, including use of spreadsheets and database packages, is also required. Above all, Testers must be avid games players. They must be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of the industry, including the different platforms, game styles, and genres. It’s important to know the market so they can evaluate our games against the competition.
They should also have an understanding of how games are put together, and how the different elements of a game contribute to the playing experience. A good Tester will not only identify and record a problem, but also try to work out what is causing it. Key skills for a Tester include excellent communication, especially the ability to communicate tactfully with other members of the team. It’s also important to have a good attention to detail, persistence, and patience. A Tester must be able to maintain concentration while playing games for long periods. Good negotiation and conflict resolution skills are very important, as of course is a passion for playing games.
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- High level of pro-activeness and sense of urgency
- Risk assessment pertaining to software testing
- Advanced knowledge of American football
- Knowledge of testing/planning tools
- Knowledge of test plan/case creation
- Knowledge of software development methodology and stages (milestones/sprints, Alpha, Beta)
*This is 6 month contract position.* Relocation will not be provided for this role.*
- Good knowledge of gaming consoles and software: strong interest in video games and/or software testing
- Avid football video game player
- Understands the rules and mechanics of the sport
- Understands the different plays
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong prioritization skills
- Able to communicate feedback and issues professionally
- Animation background recommended
Electronic Arts - 19 months ago
At EA, we thrive on outrageous thinking. It’s the fuel that inspires the best games in the world. We’re a community of artists,...