Position Title : Real Estate Specialist
Execute and deliver on the day-to-day Area Property Management activities in accordance with Crown Castle objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Review Real Estate documents to ensure compliance when an application is received. Review and process applications within cycle time guidelines, securing consents and additional land if needed and removing restrictions that could impact the customer’s timely installation or prevent marketing of the tower.
- Negotiate and obtain required consents, LOAs and additional land as quickly as possible and within cycle time expectations.
- Perform all revenue producing services to meet projected goals and targets. Provide timely system updates and communicate effectively with all customers, both internal and external.
- Promote pre-construction and zoning and permitting services. Work with Property Manager and/or Director to ensure proper staffing is in place to deliver these services to the customer within budget and on time. Deliver service and exceed expectations.
- Provide current status reports to management and customers on a recurring basis.
- Review zoning regulations in support of new customer applications and attend project meetings as needed keeping the District informed of zoning documentation needed from customer.
- Communicate with and resolve Property Owner issues, while improving the quality of our relationships.
- Ensure all landlord default claims are resolved within cure period and documents are properly scanned into CCIsites.
- Manage projects to maximize the portfolio including leasing/selling excess land, site abandonments, negative margin towers, tower relocations and obtaining blanket consents.
- Formulate and understand financial information from projects impacting financials, ground leases and customer license agreements.
- Resolve all other real estate matters including condemnations, encroachment claims, easement relocations, tax liens, etc. as expeditiously as possible ensuring that Crown’s policies are followed and litigation exposure is minimized.
- Work with corporate functional groups and local attorneys (if needed) for proactive resolution of property matters.
- Manage external Legal vendor and minimize legal expense as appopriate.
- Effectively communicate and work with District, Asset, Tower Operations, Sales, Property Management, Legal, CM&R, Accounting, Tax, and PEP teams on property questions and issues.
- Review all necessary real estate documents to ensure accurate Property Certification on all assets. Ensure that sites already certified remain “evergreen” by monitoring PEP’s closings and ensuring that system is updated properly and in a timely manner.
- Ensure CCISites/Readiness/(Zoning)LUTab, BPM and LRM are properly used, updated and accurate.
- Escalate matters to Property Manager and/or Property Director when needed to ensure timely project completion.
- Comply with all Crown Castle policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience preferred
- Real Estate license preferred but not required
- Two (2) to five (5) years of real estate experience
- Wireless industry experience preferred but not required
- Zoning and Permitting experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Ability to problem solve and provide solution alternatives
- Ability to comprehend contracts and agreements
- Ability to comprehend all title documentation
- Ability to comprehend survey and construction drawings
- Ability to comprehend Zoning ordinaces and municipal processes
Reports to: Property Manager
Title(s) of direct reports (if applicable): N/A
Working Conditions: Works in a normal office setting with no exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Additional Information: N/A
Crown Castle USA - 18 months ago
Crown Castle International rules over a kingdom of radio towers. Through subsidiaries it provides broadcast, data, and wireless...