The Fermanian School of Business is seeking qualified candidates for an Assistant/Associate Professorship in Marketing. The position is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position beginning in August 2013. The ideal candidate must be doctorally qualified to meet ACBSP accreditation standards. The University and the Fermanian School of Business encourage applications from underrepresented minorities. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The Fermanian School of Business is an ACBSP accredited school with high standards. The School currently offers undergraduate programs in business administration, accounting and international development studies and, subject to University approval, plans to introduce majors in marketing, economics and finance in Fall 2013. The Fermanian School of Business also offers an evening MBA program for experienced managers and will launch a 5th year MBA program in Fall 2013. The successful candidate will likely teach at both undergraduate and graduate level.
- Teach a schedule of approximately 12 units per semester of undergraduate and/or graduate classes in marketing and marketing related business courses
- Provide academic advisement and support to the personal development of our students
- Conduct scholarship in discipline and with students
- Participate fully in the life and work of the Fermanian School of Business
- Participate fully in the life, work and faculty governance of the University
- Ph.D. or DBA in marketing or a closely related area.
- Undergraduate and graduate teaching experience desirable.
- Practical marketing or business experience desirable.
- Experience in promotions, social media and/or eMarketing preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to on-going professional activity and scholarship.
- Familiarity with ACBSP accreditation standards desirable.
- Vibrant personal Christian faith, active church involvement, and commitment to the spiritual mission of Point Loma Nazarene University
- Desire to work in an evangelical University in the Wesleyan tradition which attempts to integrate faith and learning in an atmosphere of academic excellence
- Desire to build student and community relationships
- Evidence of enthusiasm for undergraduate and graduate education
- Desire to be an active contributor to the Fermanian School of Business and the University
- Evidence of a vibrant personal Christian faith and strong ethical character.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with skills in both initiation and collaboration.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
All applicants will be reviewed and evaluated by a search committee. From this pool of applicants, a limited number will be selected for an interview. The interview process will include:
1. Dialogue with students and faculty in the Fermanian School of Business
2. Presentation of a lecture to students and faculty
3. Interview with the Dean of the Fermanian School of Business
4. Interview with the Provost
5. Interview with the President
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Additional information may be obtained by contacting the Dean of the Fermanian School of Business, Ivan Filby, Ph.D. (619) 849 – 2290 or IvanFilby@pointloma.edu
Point Loma Nazarene University - 13 months ago