Clark College is currently accepting applications for a tenure-track Health and Physical Education Instructor. Start date is September 11, 2013 .
Teaching duties include 15-18 contact hours of Health and Physical Education (HPE). Instructional load will likely include Health and Physical Education classes, PE activity classes and HPE Fitness-Wellness classes. Other duties include committee work, attending departmental and campus meetings, professional development, assessment and program review. Depending on schedule, some online, evening and weekend classes may be required, as well as travel to branch campuses.
General Faculty Responsibilities
· Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning.
· Advise and assist students in educational and career development.
· Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department and college committees.
· Work collaboratively with colleagues, businesses, advisory committees, and other educational partners.
· Pursue professional development.
· Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques.
· Master’s degree in Physical Education, Health Education or related field.
· Experience teaching Health and Physical Education classes
· Knowledge of health behavior change theory.
· College level teaching experience preferred.
· Online-teaching experience or experience working with online Learning Management Systems such as Moodle, Blackboard or WebCT.
· Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and economically diverse backgrounds.
· Professional certification(s) in related field.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College Online Application, including names of five references
- Letter of application describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Current résumé
- Unofficial copy of all transcripts/certifications uploaded with online application or delivered to the Human Resources office.
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Application Deadline: Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., March 15, 2013.
Condition of employment:
Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Special Advisor for Diversity and Equity, Gaiser Hall, (360)992-2355.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES:
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
February 8, 2013
The Clark College Bookstore focuses on excellent customer service. In addition to the specific qualifications, we are looking for employees...