The Territory Account Manager's role is to ensure achievement of territory sales objectives in line with the Company's mission; to develop and implement sales plans through both strategic and tactical activities; and to provide regular feedback on status of specific sales opportunities, the market and competitor activities.
Role and Responsibilities:
Background and Experience:
- Development of a territory and account-specific sales plan.
- Execution of plan to meet assigned sales quotas
- Utilization and maintenance of CRM database
- Deliver technical/scientific seminars and presentations on Illumina products and their capabilities
- Demonstrate role and relevance of Illumina’s product portfolio and provide consultation to customers on same
- Demonstrate command of scientific knowledge to engage in collaborative sales process
- Partner cross-functionally across company to appropriately address the needs of customer base
- Engage customers in complex sales environment
- Successfully navigate and manage a multi-tiered sales process for both capital equipment, consumables, and services
- Engage in accurate forecasting and sales pipeline management activities
- Effectively prospect and generate new customer leads
- Manage existing and continuously work to expand customer base
- Develop and maintain strong customer connections at various levels in the organization
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Affirmative Action Employer
- Life Science Degree is required, advanced degree preferred
- 3+ yrs or equivalent commercial experience
- Experience in a capital sales strategic selling environment
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and prospecting.
- Highly adaptable and independent.
- Strong desire to win business and establish long-term customer relationships.
- Previous demonstrated success with complex sales and within in multi-layered environment preferred
- Work Remotely, out of a Home office, >50% travel required
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...