As the Territory Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to:
Grow top line sales within a specific territory. Responsible for cultivating relationships with key and prospective distributor accounts to drive future sales growth. The Territory Manager will also act as the company’s front-line primary contact by establishing and maintaining relationships with key executives, purchasing/estimating, construction/operations, sales, architecture, design, and finance personnel (or other disciplines) within customers’ and prospects’ organizations.
- Develops business plan and targets for market and channel growth through conversion within assigned territory.
- Owns existing customer relationships, but spends majority of time cultivating new relationships with key distributors, dealers, and builders within specific area.
- Leads, manages, coaches and develops direct reports; Breaks down regional plans into clear actionable goals, priorities and strategies for each direct report.
- Primary contact for escalation of issues by customer accounts of Segment Managers/Specialists
- Collaborates with RM's on establishing market pricing consistent with existing market dynamics.
- Collaborate with RM’s, AM’s, R&D, Engineering, and QC regarding new product and competitive information, as well as communicating field and quality issues.
- Communicate and train customers on TT products and range of value added services.
- Presents and implements marketing, merchandising, and promotional programs and materials to customers.
- Proactively and effectively assist in resolving service issues in partnership with Customer Service Group.
- Effectively handle all administrative tasks (activity reports, future/prospective opportunities, expenses, etc.) in a timely manner.
- Maintain current database on customers and prospects.
- Attend trade shows as necessary
- May perform other duties as assigned
A successful Territory Manager will have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years direct sales experience in building products industry preferred
- Experience calling on distributors and dealers
- Experience with multi-step distribution process
- Forecasting experience
- Understanding of wholesale channel distribution
- Excellent communication skills…presentations, one on one and written
- Initiative and self-starter
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
Therma-Tru Doors - 11 months ago
Therma-Tru Doors is the leading residential exterior fiberglass door manufacturer in the United States and part of the leading consumer...