We are expanding our sales force!
Are you a medical device consultative sales expert with a passion for partnering
with physicians in saving and improving patient lives? Do you pride yourself on
your clinical acumen, knowing the best practices, trends, technology and
information affecting vascular intervention? Do you take a consultative
approach to achieve results?
If your answer is yes, and you pursue everything with energy, drive,
and a need to succeed then we may be looking for you!
Spectranetics, recently named one of Forbes Magazine’s “Most Trusted
has an opening for a Territory Manager in our Vascular Intervention Division.
What You Will Do: You will serve as the strategic business planning leader,
assessing the market while developing and executing initiatives for the
achievement of territory and account goals. The key goal includes increasing
physician adoption of Excimer laser technology associated products on
appropriate patients through representation, training, relationship building and
What You Will Learn: Spectranetics attracts and hires the best talent on the
planet! You will be working with an incredible team of dedicated experts and
leaders in the Medical Device industry focused on supporting your continued
growth. They will help expand your capabilities by increasing the value you
bring to every procedure and help you communicate appropriately the safety and
efficacy of all products that Spectranetics market. You will learn from our
Quality Team, Engineering, Manufacturing and many other industry professionals
about our state of the art products.
What You Will Become: A highly influential sales leader who will have high
visibility across the ever expanding sales organization. A successful
contributor will be able to provide your insight about every facet of our
high-quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services.
Your contributions will be critical to ensuring that Spectranetics is on the
forefront of vascular intervention. As your abilities grow so will your career
What Success Looks Like:
- Organization of assigned accounts relative to their potential revenue
generation, developing and implementing a territory plan.
- Maximize the physician's propensity to use the Excimer laser catheters and
associated products on appropriate patients through representation, training,
relationship building, and in-service activities.
- Maintain clinical proficiency to the degree that the incumbent is capable of
standing cases in a competent manner, able to communicate appropriately the
safety and efficacy of all products that Spectranetics markets in the territory.
- Develop and maintain the appropriate communication skills, which will
enhance the ability to generate physician interest in the use of the Excimer
- Successfully introduce new products and indications to all members of the
staff in the accounts.
- Routine reporting activities as required by management. Develop and
maintain good working/communication relationship with Product Managers.
- Observe, analyze, interpret, and report needs and concerns of the accounts
that are of importance for the realization of the account plans.
- Monitor developments and changes in the accounts that are of importance for
achieving the set objectives.
- Assess motives, feelings, and opinions of decision-makers, and influences
the accounts in deciding what approach or action to be taken in each case.
- Prepare "tailor made" offers and proposals for each account and
present these to the decision-makers of the concerned account.
- Negotiate with and persuade the decision-makers of the accounts about
proposals, offers, terms, and conditions needed to achieve the sales objectives.
- Initiate, facilitate, and stimulate account support activities such as
clinical support or technical service and maintenance.
- Maintain and improve formal communication with the Clinical Advisors, Field
Service Engineers, and the management of Spectranetics as well as the
decision-makers and those with influence of the accounts.
- Display constant awareness of quality of all account support activities,
including clinical support and technical service. Manage assigned accounts
(prospects and customers) in the field of invasive cardiovascular therapy,
comprising all involved levels and all departments related to these accounts.
- Effective planning and organization of all commercial, clinical, and
technical activities of the assigned accounts.
- Achievement of the customer support and sales objectives of the assigned
- Canvas prospects which have been identified as potential high tech/high
- Maintain improvement of high level or job knowledge, performance and
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Material and Equipment Directly Used:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of
Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
4-year degree required. Five years of selling experience in Medical Sales.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of
work assigned to individual filling this position. This is not intended to be
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required. This job
description is subject to change as the needs and requirements of the department
and business change.
All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug screen to be hired.
The Spectranetics Corporation was founded in the 1980s on excimer laser technology and today markets the only Excimer Laser System approved...