Job Description:Position overview:|
The position is responsible and accountable for
achieving sales quota through profiling, targeting,
needs analysis and closing on targeted account customers
consisting of Health Care Professional
(Endocrinologists, CDE’s), key diabetes institutions and
managed care organizations.
JOB / DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The Territory Manager is accountable for consistently
achieving sales objectives and ensuring these sales are
profitable and within the guidelines of Insulet
Corporation’s defined sales and marketing practices. The
position is responsible for the development, management
and growth of the healthcare professional recommendation
to achieve sales and market share growth. The Territory
Manager will expand business and brand loyalty within
strategic accounts consisting of private practice, large
diabetes clinics, hospital teaching institutions, and
other major medical centers. He/she will call on
customers to raise their level of awareness and increase
the demand of the Insulet Corporation product line
within their defined geographic territory. This position
will bear the responsibility of correlating any
professional contact needed within the above mentioned
accounts with the operational, quality or customer
service teams of Insulet Corporation.
1. Meets/exceeds sales objective as well as market share
within assigned geographic area.
2. Can work effectively and productively within the
Insulet Corporation sales team as well as home office
3. Possesses a sound working knowledge of the managed
care reimbursement process.
4. Develops and maintains superior relationships with
key diabetes decision makers and influencers. Effective
in implementing customer loyalty initiatives.
5. Consistently exhibits a high level of proficiency and
expertise in discussing and demonstrating Insulet
Corporation product, as well as all related diabetes
products including competitive products.
6. Consistently exhibits proficiency in demonstrating
and training on all ancillary Insulet Corporation data
7. Maintains a high profile with decision-makers of the
assigned strategic accounts.
8. Maintains an active role with Managed Markets, which
includes a sound working knowledge of managed care
organization as well as key decision-makers.
9. Facilitates and conducts all required customer
10. Maintains a high profile with the professional
diabetes organizations in the assigned geographical
11. Routinely contacts and manages sales promotions
related to the assigned territory.
12. Completes all administrative duties in a timely
fashion and works within the specified budget.
13. Consistently executes all field sales activities
with a high degree of professionalism in accordance with
established promotional guidelines.
Knowledge / Education
At least 50% of which in the medical specialty of
- Minimum of three successful years in medical sales.
- BS/BA or equivalent healthcare registry
Medical industry sales experience as well as strong
clinical & diabetes training experience required. At
least three years in a similar role with a diabetes
products company is preferred.
Skills / Competencies
Team-player with experience in dealing directly with
Health Care Professionals and people with diabetes.
Successful sales track record, excellent communication
skills, ability to execute sales and marketing plan,
ability to manage territory budget, ability to function
in a fast-paced start-up environment. Computer
Some business travel required
Ability to carry and transport professional sales
samples and literature
Valid driver’s license
Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned
Division/Department : Insulet Corporation
Insulet Corporation / Neighborhood Diabetes - 19 months ago