(Charlotte based: Territory includes - GA, NC, South VA & East TN)
We live under the sink, in the garage, and in the toolboxes of the world. WD-40 Company has best-in-class products and we are seeking best-in-class talent. Our tribe has a common passion, dedication, and commitment to excellence. Your creativity, agility, and talent will help keep us in the forefront of our industry.
We are a small company with gigantic brands and a global reach. At WD-40 Company everyone is a key contributor. We foster a strong culture of learning and accountability in a relaxed, team environment. We seek people who share our values and strive to leave positive and lasting memories in all their interactions. While the nearly 60 year-old formulation of WD-40 remains a secret, it is no secret that our passion for our people, culture, and products is what distinguishes us.
We are currently seeking a passionate and driven sales manager with broad experience in two-step distribution models ideally within automotive, industrial and/or hardware channels. The successful applicant will demonstrate his/her motivation to meet and exceed personal and team goals while establishing sincere and professional relationships.
This position is responsible for implementation of company programs to meet direct and indirect sales goals for all assigned accounts. In addition, the Sales Manager will achieve direct and indirect call objectives, including field support of national and regional accounts to effect maximum consumer purchases of our brands.
Background & Expertise: 2-3 years of relevant CPG territory account management, ideally selling into wholesale automotive, hardware, and/or industrial channels.
Education Completed: Bachelor Degree in Business or relevant field – highly desirable
Drivers License: Current and valid driver’s license is required.
Computer Literacy: Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite.
Summary of Responsibilities:
1. Applies a broad base of knowledge covering all WD-40 Company’s features and benefits to close sales and achieve all sales goals including region and company EBITDA. Demonstrates a full understanding of the Product Knowledge Presentation Framework, passing the technical bi-annual exam, and the “WD-40 Way” assessment.
2. Develops accounts by interacting with all key decision makers to attain assigned sales objectives.
3. Establishes and implements company goals to achieve maximum sales results including support of national accounts.
4. Sells and merchandises WD-40 Company brands in designated direct and indirect accounts by securing strategically placed off-shelf displays and promotions. Ensures that distribution and department plan-o-grams are maintained and enhanced to obtain measured sales goals.
5. Comprehensive understanding of the planning and forecasting process for current and future fiscal years in order to maximize assigned company EBITDA objectives.
6. Maintains written and verbal communications with managers on a regular basis including: daily call reports, weekly expense reports, quarterly price surveys, monthly planners, end user survey forms, and other requests as needed.
7. Support of WD-40 Company marketing programs and policies.
8. Reviews, establishes, and implements time and territory management plan as approved.
9. Solicits new accounts to meet company objectives.
10. Interacts with Sales Support Center to manage customer requests.
11. Execute all field requests and provide program recommendations to RDS as directed.
12. Provide competitive information.
13. Operates within expense control guidelines, including proper maintenance and care of company equipment and automobile.
14. Credit collection to obtain company objectives.
15. Customer responsibility from 85 to 300 customers.
16. Participates in the development of sales and marketing strategies to support selling to assigned customers. Provides constructive policy recommendations. Assists in developing programs and planning concepts to further the company direction statement.
17. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the industrial channel: including distribution, and MRO & non-MRO user base.
The Sales Manager will be based in Charlotte with required territory travel ± 50-75%.
- Global Headquarters in San Diego since 1953
- Over 30 years trading on the NASDAQ: WDFC
- Winner of the San Diego Workplace Excellence Award
- Finalist of Most Democratic Workplaces 2011
- Highly engaged team members whose company tenure is three times the national average.
- Learning based culture that supports the growth and development of our team members
- Our benefits package is very competitive and comprehensive, providing you and your family with extensive protection and security, along with quality, life-enhancing programs to include; various health care options, profit sharing, 401k with match, bonus potential for everyone, and generous time off!
Please, only consider employment with WD-40 Company if you feel as strongly about our values as we do: We live, breathe, and play by our values every day.
- We value doing the right thing.
- We value creating positive lasting memories in all our relationships.
- We value making it better than it is today.
- We value succeeding as a Tribe while excelling as individuals.
- We value owning it and passionately acting on it.
- We value sustaining the WD-40 Company economy.
Please visit us online to complete an application http://www.wd40company.com/about/careers/
- NOTE: emailed resumes will not be considered. Thank you!
Thank you for considering WD-40 Company in your career search!