Territory Sales Manager - Lagasse
This position is responsible for maximizing territory sales performance and profitability. Develops and establishes strong relationships with customers. Helps customer indentify specific business needs, identifies gaps and provides product solutions. Works with distributors to develop and promote the value of wholesale which will enhance customer’s business platform and drive business performance.
- Makes sales calls. Actively communicates the value proposition of Lagasse. Looks for opportunities to support and enable customer growth and profitability.
- Follows up on specific customer needs that include but are not limited to backorders, pricing, samples, introducing new products and selling programs such as catalogs, VOW, or ecommerce solutions.
- Provides sales meeting and training session to customers in conjunction with vendors on product lines to drive sales.
- Interacts with vendors to gain product knowledge and assist in contract opportunities and implementation.
- Communicates with Major Account Rep to coordinate activity of territory.
- Reviews sales data in order to conduct business reviews with customer base looking to identify opportunities and challenges. Reviews and looks for new customers and opportunities to develop business.
- Reviews new business and implements inventory adjustments to service the new business.
- Prioritizes and implements various company initiatives.
- Fills in weekly reports and plan the next week’s appointments
- Reviews territory performance for week identifying trends of business gains and losses.
- Analyzes accounts performance and formulate solutions to problem areas.
- Completes monthly expense report.
- Attends training or other sales meetings as required within organization. Completes webinars and training sessions as required by company.
- Works on trade shows.
- Understands and demonstrates United Stationers' Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of effective sales techniques
- Strong institutional and professional products background
- Strong leadership, oral and written communications, organization, planning, and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Negotiation skills
- Coaching and training ability
- Interviewing skills
- Time management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, with an emphasis on sales/marketing.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant sales experience, preferably in janitorial/sanitation, foodservice disposable or related industry.
- Experience selling to distributors preferred.
United Stationers - 12 months ago
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...