Central Garden & Pet Company (NASDAQ: CENT), is a leading innovator, marketer and producer of quality branded products for the pet, lawn and garden supplies markets. Our Independent Pet Brand Sales Organization is seeking a Territory Sales Manager to join our team based in the New Jersey region.
The Territory Sales Manager will report to the District Manager - East and is responsible for effectively managing sales through independent pet retail buying accounts.
Please see our web site for additional company information – www.central.com
- Achievement of regional sales goals and key customer business plans
- Manages retail sales and promotional programs with all customers
- Increase distribution at key independent accounts
- Drive secondary displays and price at all identified key accounts
- Conducts regular sales/service/training calls on assigned retail accounts in support of Central Independent Pet Brand Sales and distributor selling programs
- Continued education of retail staff at all customers
- Placement of new items at all identified retail accounts
- Reports in-depth sales and service activities to the District Manager as required
- Attends open houses, seminars and meetings as assigned by the District Manager
- Weekend work time is required for events, etc.
- Previous sales experience required – background in pet specialty preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience required
- Willingness to travel – overnight travel 60-70%
- Highly developed interpersonal and sales skills; clear verbal communication and strong organizational skills
- Quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; maintain the integrity of highly confidential customer and product information
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with customers
- Plan and organize work effectively; analyze problems, propose reasonable solutions, make logical decision, carryout decisions made, and follow-up with feedback where appropriate
- Must be able to project a customer service and friendly attitude; exercise good judgment when dealing with customers and employees; deal effectively and professionally with a wide variety of people and situations; maintain the integrity of highly confidential business information
- Communicate effectively (in person and over the phone) and in writing
- Must be proficient in computer programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
CENTRAL GARDEN & PET IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Work is performed largely in customer stores
- Hours of work will generally be during regular customer business hours
- Weekend work required as needed
- There will be variation in work hours due to employee and customer schedules, special projects, deadlines, and other concerns
- Overnight travel 60-70%
Central Garden & Pet - 18 months ago
Central Garden & Pet is happy to help with both pets and pests. The company is among the largest US producers and distributors of lawn,...