Achieves territory sales, profit, product category and business development objectives and conducts regional sales activities in an assigned geographical area in keeping with the policies and procedures of the Healthcare Division. Direct geographic territory as a Profit Center and productively deploy resources available to PDI to expand business and to enhance the customer experience.
Responsible for implementing sales and marketing programs within an assigned geographical area. Responsible for interfacing with all customers and potential customers to maximize sales within the sales region. Manages sales relationships with distributor management and sales reps within assigned region. Develops/sustains business relationships with high profile /key end user customers, including GPO leadership in territory and key Government account business contacts. Works with Medical Science Liaison assigned to the region as necessary. Stays current on competitive activity and reports this to Sales and Marketing Management.
1. Achieves regional sales, profit, product category and business development objectives.
2. Cultivates relationships with major distributors, hospitals, extended care, alternate healthcare facilities and buying groups in the region of responsibility. Keeps informed of new competitive activity and new sales opportunities.
3. Seeks new opportunities for distribution partners and for expansion into selected focus healthcare specialties (e.g., extended care). Reports regularly on sales activities and opportunities and reviews progress against forecast and budget with Regional Sales Director.
4. Works with Medical Science Liaisons within the sales region to support the achievement of regional business objectives.
5. Documents sales activity in a timely manner through the daily use of SalesForce.Com. Maintains profiles of all current and prospective customers and retains pertinent documents such as proposals, supply agreements and memos regarding status meetings with distributors and key end user customers.
6. Conducts distributor sales meetings to ensure PDI’s full product line is properly presented and sold by distributor sales representatives.
7. Maintains a complete inventory of samples of all PDI products and relevant support materials/sales aids and provides those samples on an as needed basis to distributor sales representatives and customers. Anticipates trade show, in-service and special promotion requirements so that samples can be ordered with enough time to minimize expedite charges and shortages.
8. Maintains close communication with the Sales and Marketing Support team to ensure Production Scheduling is informed regarding pending sales, promotions, or loss of business which could impact production capacity and service to customers.
9. Submits product complaints and enlists and expedites required services as appropriate (e.g., quality, customer service, R&D) to assure resolution of problem and customer satisfaction within corporate guidelines (SOP) and obligations pertinent to the sale.
10. Plans and operates within established corporate guidelines to maintain expenditures within budget allocations. Acts judiciously in the use of company assets and resource.
11. Performs other duties as assigned to support PDI Divisional and Nice-Pak corporate objectives as needed (e.g., participation in trade shows, conferences, training, corporate events outside regional territory).
Equivalent Education Level Requirements:
College degree required
Three (3) to five (5) years related sales experience.
Multi-state territory management and supervisory experience a plus.
Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel)
Nice Pak Products, Inc. - 4 months ago