GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Senior level engineering position to implement, administer and tune multiple wafer test data systems, for engineering, manufacturing operations and data warehouses as well as develop web and mobile applications. Design, implement and support data migration, transformation and replication projects to feed multiple internal customers. Work with manufacturing, product engineering and process integration customers, as well as applications programmers, to define requirements and model designs. Implement and support worldwide related systems. Provide technical leadership and participate in database, data warehouse and manufacturing system development projects involving global and cross-functional teams within GLOBALFOUNDRIES. Work with documentation group to create and deliver stakeholder, end-user and technical support documents. This position will require relocation to the Malta, NY area and travel to Dresden, Germany on an as needed basis.
- Develop web applications and mobile applications for operations team
- Drive operational efficiency through these tools
- Analyzes and proposes alternative approaches for data collection and data management systems
- Ensures proper implementation of large-scale data processing applications and data sets, consistent with internal customer requirements.
- Ensures maximum uptime and performance of large-scale test data systems.
- Determines specifications, input/output processes, and data management components for hardware and software compatibility
- Serves as the test area technical leader for data collection, processing, distribution and storage.
- Writes and implements code for testing and debugging of data management-related applications using contemporary methodologies
- Ensures the on-going operability of systems and data solutions in a production environment and responds/resolves production issues
- Development and implementation of system interfaces, file management and file conversion software
- Monitors and refines processes, procedures and systems to optimize effectiveness and/or integrity of data systems and recommends/implements improvements.
- Coordinates integration of test data systems with factory automation and other necessary system
- Create software tools to view test data per customer needs
- Creates documentation for supported applications and systems
- International travel, as required, for learning and collaboration
- Other duties as required
- Experience in Red Hat Linux 4/5 and Windows environments administration
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, ITM, EE or related field, plus 5 years related experience. Or, a Master's Degree in CS/EE or related field, plus 3 years related experience.
- Must have extensive, demonstrable experience with design and administration of large data management infrastructures for wafer test data
- Ability to work well in a global, deadline-driven environment
- Familiarity with multi-site or global data system implementations
- Experience with data archiving is highly desirable
- Understanding of shell scripting in Unix and Linux environments
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Ability to guide and mentor less experienced staff members
- Familiarity with multiple test data formats (.dis, .KDF, .ad3, .stdf,…)
- Experience using Jira, Altiris, SVN, Apache software foundation software and Open source tools
- Experience in PHP, mobile app development, Oracle, C++, & Java
- Experience with the Scrum framework and Agile development practice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly analyze and understand complex problems and propose appropriate solutions
- Working knowledge of the semiconductor foundry industry
- Experience in high-volume manufacturing environments
- Experience with collection and/or analysis of wafer electrical data
- Experience with Web and GUI development
- Familiarity in software development methodologies
- Experience as Project/Program Manager for software development projects
- Excellent technical documentation skills
- Familiarity with factory automation systems
- German language proficiency is desirable
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBALFOUNDRIES, visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).
GLOBALFOUNDRIES offers a broad range of manufacturing capabilities, from the very leading edge of process technology to more mature,...