The Test Automation Lead Engineer is responsible for the overall effectiveness of our test automation effort.
- Works with a small team of automation engineers who work remotely from another location.
- Has the ability to create solutions - to imagine possibilities and hone in on ones with real potential to deliver a proof of concept or demonstration of a potential solution to an obstacle.
- Supplies technical guidance to the team of automation engineers and works with the local development and build teams to facilitate the running of automated scripts.
- Writes automated scripts based on working manually executable test cases which are supplied by functional test engineers.
- Communicates testing priorities and provides support to the Off-shore automation team on a daily basis.
- Ensures that the Off-shore QA resources are following established QA and Test Automation procedures.
- Reviews broken scripts or suites and helps the automation team resolve issues with the running of scripts.
- Identifies vulnerabilities in automated testing and defines and manages plans to mitigate risk.
- Provides timely and accurate status for the assigned product line.
- The Senior QA Engineer may be called upon to perform manual test execution when there is a need to quickly produce a build for a client.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years hands-on automation experience is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years working as a lead of a test automation team is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years leading the work of a remote team is required.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Strong experience and knowledge of HP functional testing tool and HP Quality Center is required.
- Knowledge of ticketing systems is a strong plus.
- Experience building or maintaining an automated test framework is required.
- Experience and knowledge with Java, Subversion and Luntbuild, or equivalent technologies, is required.
- Experience testing a public facing web based application is required.
- Exceptional organizations skills are required.
- Knowledge of relational database technology and the ability to develop simple SQL statements to query our test databases is required.
- Experience and knowledge of open source automated functional test tools is desired.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual.
Tickets.com - 8 months ago
This company is ready to play ball online. MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is the Internet and interactive media arm of Major League Baseball...