Blackstone is looking for a Test Engineer to Support Dept. of Homeland Security. The candidate will develop a full suite of automated performance test cases using HP LoadRunner, hence experience with LoadRunner and Performance Testing are a must.
- Automating performance test scripts using LOADRUNNER
- Working with developers and users in an Agile development approach
- Evaluating requirements for testability and understandability
- Developing performance test scenarios, test cases, and test procedures
- Gather and analyze performance test results and translate to provide performance improvements and recommendations.
- Plans and Prepares performance test reports and manuals.
- Collaborating with the system engineers, developers, Government peers, and the product owners to share testing procedures, testing results and analysis.
- Attending daily SCRUMs, as needed
- Using HP Quality Center for managing all software test artifacts
- The candidate must have good technical writing skills so that authored test artifacts require minimal technical editing; and be comfortable giving presentations to small teams. Also, the candidate must have proven experience working in a fast paced development environment where team building and cooperation are as important as their technical skills.
- Strong familiarity with commercial off the shelf performance test tools and a strong understanding of architecture, techniques and management process across a broad spectrum of systems, applications, and requirements.
- Experienced with performance testing of complex systems and applications on multiple platforms. Reviews computer systems capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitation to determine if modification is necessary/possible within current system. Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Prepares documentation for use by equipment and computer operators within the system.
- Provides direction to lower level engineers.
- Qualified applicants may be subject to a security investigation and must meet minimum qualifications for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required
- Expert in designing, executing and analyzing load/stress/performance tests using HP Loadrunner.
- Work closely with customer and provide necessary support needed for performance testing and capacity management.
- Writes performance test plans in support of end-to-end system performance evaluation and analysis. Working experience in various protocols HTTP, Web Services, ORACLE etc.
- Expert in handling the entire load/performance testing independently which involves interaction with multiple components - developers, system administrators, DBAs-
- Expert in gathering and analyzing of various usage statistics like peak hour usage, peak hour volume, transaction data and preparation of various load test scenarios.
- Expert in preparation of work load assumptions document in sync with the existing or projected production usage statistics.
- Expertise in the analysis of the test results and preparation of various graphs and reports.
- Expert in analyzing the performance of the application under test under varying loads and concurrent users.
- Identify the bottlenecks in the application performance, conduct analysis and provide recommendations to management to improve the performance.
- Experience in the installation and troubleshooting of the LoadRunner servers and agents.
- Expert in monitoring the system and collecting the various usage charts in terms of CPU utilization, MIPS usage, of the application servers, and backend servers.
- Expertise in the use of monitoring tools like Sitescope, Introscope, BMC patrol, ITCAM,STROBE etc
- Expert in collecting and compiling various usage reports from multiple sources and preparing the final performance analysis report.
- Expert in the preparation of risk assessment and capacity management and advise management about the application performance under various load capacities.
- Analyze and project the impact of the application performance in production environments.
- Produce a final risk assessment showing whether there is a low, moderate, or high risk of the current peak user volume of usage to negatively impact the application's production infrastructure
- Research new tools and test methodologies as needed.
- Must be able to navigate in a Windows workstation setting, and have excellent knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Systems or Software Engineering, Mathematics, Scientific or Communications.
Blackstone Technology Group (www.bstonetech.com) is a 300+ person, privately-held, global IT and business consulting firm founded in 1998. Headquartered in San Francisco, with additional offices in Sacramento, Denver, Houston, and Washington DC, our mission is to implement innovative IT and business process solutions that help our clients address industry challenges, achieve cost containment, and transform their business models within their respective commercial and public service marketplaces. Blackstone has garnered an impressive track record of delivering successful results, with a noteworthy client list that includes many Fortune 1000 businesses and US Federal Government and California State Agencies.
Blackstone Technology Group - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard