DRS Technologies, Inc. Integrated Defense Systems & Services is a best-in-class developer of advanced electronic systems and other military technologies to support the warfighter and peacekeeper. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., the company is composed of seven lines of business with annual revenues of $1.4 billion. Our more than 3,700 employees around the globe include a number of committed DRS Technologies, Inc. Integrated Defense Systems & Services staff working side-by-side in theater with American and Allied soldiers. DRS Technologies, Inc. Integrated Defense Systems & Services provides products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, avionics, control systems and unmanned technologies. For additional information on DRS Technologies, Inc. Integrated Defense Systems & Services, please visit our website at www.drs.com .
DRS Signal Solutions, Inc. specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
We operate on a 9/80 work schedule, all employees work 80 hrs in 9 days and have every other Friday off.
Job Location Gaithersburg, MD
Title: Test Technician/ Senior Test Technician
Being on the frontier of the defense electronics industry, we are poised to exploit and surpass the cutting edge expectations of our customers. We are looking for a talented Technician to support our manufacturing efforts.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Responsible for testing, tuning and troubleshooting complex tuners, receivers and their various modules. Frequency ranges from 500khz to 6GHZ
- Must be able to work from schematics, work instructions and alignment procedures
- Must be able to troubleshoot to component level
- Must be familiar with all test equipment needed for the above duties
Basic Qualifications (education and years of experience required):
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a security clearance is required
- Must have at least an Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Must have at 3 -5 years of experience handling the testing, troubleshooting, and alignment down to the component level.
- Must have experience with Microwave, RF, DSP and/or Digital.
- Soldering and Gap welding experience is a plus
DRS Technologies, Inc. Integrated Defense Systems & Services is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. IND
DRS Technologies, headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, U.S.A., is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to...