We are currently seeking a Test Technician to contribute to the success of our Infrared Products Strategic Business Unit. Individuals in this position will perform a variety of electronic and mechanical technical functions, for the purpose of completing tests requirements for camera systems being delivered to external customers. The Test Technician position will consist of Testing, Assembly, Software Installation, Configuration Control, Troubleshooting, Rework and Feedback Activities related to an assigned project, program or product.
This position will be on a 9/80 Alternate work schedule of Thursday through Monday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm
Responsibilities of the Position:
Headquartered in New York City, L-3 Communications (NYSE: LLL) is the 6th largest Defense Contractor, employs approximately 61,000 people worldwide, and is a prime contractor in Command, Control and Communications, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C³ISR), Government Services, Aircraft Modernization and Maintenance (AM&M), and has the broadest base of Electronic Systems in the industry. L-3 is also a major provider of homeland defense products and services for a variety of emerging markets.
- Perform functional tests on camera systems following appropriate process procedures and using test equipment properly and safely.
- Maintain product configuration information in appropriate documents.
- Maintain current status of units being processed.
- Support the troubleshooting and rework/repair of camera systems and/or their subassemblies with defects, failures, anomalies.
- Maintain troubleshoot, failure information in appropriate process and product documents.
- Support completion of assembly operations to meet delivery expectations.
- Update and maintain failure information onto logs and travelers.
- Identify ways to improve current production processes to reduce the number of defects and communicate ideas with appropriate personnel.
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics is an established pioneer in space exploration and military/defense technology. A leader in high technology and engineering services, CE is world renowned for its expertise in the areas of infrared detection and space & missile electronics. As a first-rank engineering and production company, CE is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of highly-sophisticated electronics equipment that is used in a variety of product areas for government, civil and commercial applications.
To be considered for this position, you must possess a High School Diploma or GED. An Associate's Degree in Electronics is preferred. 2 years of previous Test Technician experience is required. Candidate should have previous experience in Testing, Assembly, Configuration Control and Troubleshooting. Strong written and oral communication skills are a must. The ability to work in teams is essential. This position will be on an Alternate Shift which is Thursdsay - Sunday from 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. This is also a 9/80 work week which results in every other Monday off.
L-3 Cincinnati Electronics is a Department of Defense contractor which requires that all employees be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen, a lawful permanent alien, refugee, or granted asylum). We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse screening.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...