Phononic Devices is commercializing high efficiency and environmentally friendly thermoelectric devices. We are located in state of the art facilities in RTP, NC. Phononic is looking to hire a technician for the Test Sector.
This position will include hands-on test of thermoelectric devices as well as construction and development of test systems. Typical workflow will require availability for coverage of evening and weekend hours, so schedule flexibility is a must.
The technician will:
- Support development of specialized thermoelectric test equipment
- Perform in-line and reliability characterization tests
- Troubleshoot test issues as they develop
- Update test performance databases
- Provide feedback for potential improvements during system design and test performance
The successful applicant will meet these requirements and perform these tasks:
- 3-5 years of technical experience
- Willing to do whatever it takes to complete tasks assigned
- Knowledge of and working experience in wire attach and soldering at the component level
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits with equipment such as: oscilloscopes, AC and DC power supplies and multimeters
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions
- Perform detailed testing according to engineer-developed test plan
- Quickly and accurately capture and understand data
- Offer suggestions for design modifications and improvements based on lab observations
- Complete tasks in creative and effective ways with while working with minimal oversight
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Demonstrate “hands-on” and self-driven attitude
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in technical field preferred
Indeed - 19 months ago
Phononic Devices is a private research and development company that innovates high performance, environmentally friendly and commercially...