The Quality Assurance Lead has primary responsibility for identifying problems with the software and its design before it is released to production. The incumbent oversees all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met. Act as key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA activities across development and support teams.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Produce and prioritize defect reports
- Reproduce defect reports from the field and writing clear steps to reproduce
- Verify the load, scalability, and performance requirements have been met
- Work with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Participates in the QA testing phase of all projects to provide subject matter expertise, compliance with design, and ensure quality delivery
- Translate business requirements into system tests.
- Lead and mentor QA team members
- Excellent analytical and documentation skills
- Analyze, design and code automated unit and functional tests using any or all of the following:
- HP QuickTest Professional
- Test design experience
- At least 4 years of testing related or web development experience
- Excellent understanding of how HTML interacts with applications
- Excellent understanding of Web Service testing
- Good understanding of revision control systems such as SVN or CVS
- SQL Skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, short timeline, team-based environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Access, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Should have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be independent and self-motivated, with a knack for taking the initiative, overcoming obstacles
- Must be ability to work effectively with others across the organization.
- Must be able to quickly master and apply new technologies
- Experience in Telecom industry preferred