The Lighthouse Buffet in Kemah, TX (Houston market) is seeking an energetic and experienced Restaurant General Manager to join their team!
Directs and oversees activities of workers engaged in selling food and alcoholic beverages for consumption on premises by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Lighthouse Buffet is part of Landry’s Restaurants, Inc , a company that has over 350 units. From coast to coast, you’ll find our innovative restaurant concepts such as, Landry’s Seafood House, The Crab House, Rainforest Cafe, McCormick and Shmicks Seafood Restaurants, Morton's - The Steakhouse, Willie G’s Steak and Seafood, The Aquarium, Muer Seafood Restaurants(Charley’s Crab/Big Fish), Chart House, The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, Claim Jumper Restaurants, and Saltgrass Steak House. We hire experienced, motivated individuals and train them in our systems, style and culture to prepare them for continued growth and leadership opportunities.
- Estimates and orders foods, liquors, wines, or other beverages, and supplies.
- Responds to customer complaints concerning service, food, and beverages.
- Ensures customer service and satisfaction.
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivates employees to ensure cost control and labor management.
- Monitors sales and service personnel.
- Inspects establishment and observes workers and patrons to ensure compliance with occupational, health, and safety standards and liquor regulations.
- Follows safety rules in the Restaurant Safety Manual and is strict, never lazy, with security or safety procedures.
- Plans and arranges promotional programs and advertisements.
- Ensures paperwork accuracy such as daily sales summary reports, petty cash reimbursement forms, and payroll records.
- Hires hourly employees.
Salary: competitive compensation package.
Benefits: Full health and dental benefits, 401-K with match, Paid vacation, 50% dining program, discount retail program and more. Assist in relocation: Yes. Start Date: Immediate. Full Time: Yes. Year Round: Yes.
Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 2+ years experience successfully managing medium to high-volume, full service restaurants. Ideal candidates should have an upbeat and energetic personality, be versed in writing schedules, have experience meeting or exceeding budgeted labor costs through effective management, and possess skills to motivate and develop staff.