At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The primary responsibilities of the Manager, Assistant (Retail/Outlet) are to work with the Store Manager to oversee the daily operation to the store to maximize sales and profits by taking ownership and responsibility for all aspects of store operations while playing an active role on the sales floor. Manage retail or store engaged in selling specific, related, or general lines of merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3+.
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university Three related experience in retail industry Minimum of one year supervisory experience.
High level of product knowledge with all categories of merchandise
Strong understanding of the features and benefits of The North Face, Inc.
merchandise and have the ability to point out features that our competitors may
not have in their products.
1. Achieves personal sales goals and assists store personnel in achieving their sales goals. Works with Store Manager to oversee, conduct and implement employee sales training programs to include product features and benefits, customer service and coordinate clinics with vendor representatives. Reports training progress to the Store Manger and maintain employee-training records.
2. Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, personnel and record keeping policies and procedures. Ensures that the customer’s needs are met as they relate to the products and services in The North Face, Inc. commitment to customer service and the retail customer service satisfaction guarantee.
3. Responds to customer’s complaints or inquiries. Implements seasonal layout changes in the store and adapt as necessary throughout the season. Learns, teaches and enhances The North Face, Inc. visual-merchandising standards. Ensures that product are rotated on a regular basis.
4. Monitors and maintains the housekeeping standards on the sales floor and in the stock room. Maintains accurate inventory levels. Orders merchandise or prepare requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand through the buyers at headquarters. Communicates sales trends and product needs improvements to buyers. Ensures correct and accurate operations in MIS, POS, Warranty, Inventory (physical and perpetual), Accounting, Security, and Shipping and Receiving policies and procedures.
5. Assists the Store Manager in hiring, disciplining and terminating employees in compliance with company policies and procedures in compliance with state and federal law. In Store Managers absence, participates in the weekly management team conference call. Prepares and communicates his or her store’s progress and plans for the upcoming week. Communicates information from this meeting to employees of his or her store.
6. Maintains and posts store organization timeline. Works with Store Manager to conduct staff meeting at least every month. At such meetings communicates central information, product development, and policies and procedures.
7. With Store Manager, conducts store meetings each morning to communicate the day’s objectives. Communicates central information and policies and procedures. Maintains a presence on the sales floor (as a role model for sales personnel) directing the operations of The North Face, Inc. business. Remains visible to customers and sales associates.
8. Monitors and evaluates sales training program on a monthly basis.Obtains knowledge of all staff members’ abilities to better their selling skills and facilitate the review process. Monitors employees’ progress and address it accordingly.
9. Identifies and reports health and/or safety issues to the Loss Prevention and Safety Manager: Complies with the Worker’s Compensation program that is set within their state, follows company policy and procedures for reporting accidents on the job, provides the necessary and required procedure to open and close the store, and supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating records, or preparing daily record of transactions for accounting, or perform work of subordinates as needed.
10. Performs these and other duties as assigned.
The North Face - 21 months ago
VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A subsidiary...