As the Cashier Lead your primary role is to provide an additionl level of exceptional customer service at the registers. The transaction process is a key element to our customer|
's experience and the Lead must execute their tasks to fulfill the customer service expectations set by The North Face Retail Division.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 1+.
Must have at least 1 year retail and cashier experience. Experience in specialty retail, outdoor equipment or apparel sales, or fitness equipment or apparel sales strongly preferred.
Must have strong organizational skills
Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
Must consistently provide the highest standard of customer service while
keeping focused on team objectives and excel in individual sales.
Must be able to converse with customers on a variety of outdoor activities.
Must be able to effectively and efficiently multi-task
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and
fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, crawl,
kneel, or crouch. The employee is occasionally be required to climb ladders and
The employee must frequently lift and/ore move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
Specific vision abilities required by this job includeclose vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust and focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
1. Customer care is the primary responsibility. Will complete transactions and monitor other transactions conducted by Associates, will provide assistance when needed. Will ensure a smooth and enjoyable customer transaction, i.e. take sensors off, fold merchandise, bag merchandise, etc. Is responsible for all transactions for all customers and employees which may include: signing off on checks over $100, performing post voids and no sales, returns and /or exchanges, price adjustments (i.e. discounts, price overrides), and when necessary, sign off on D&D tags. Will request from the Store Manager if assistance is needed on a transaction. Will report any suspicious activity to the Store Manager immediately.
2. Depending on the shift the Lead will be responsible for either Opening or Closing procedures. Opening procedures includes ensuring all registers are balanced to its opening amount including additional cash fund. Closing procedures includes ensuring that all funds including opening and deposit amounts are balanced; ensures that all post void transactions, no sale, credit card receipts, employee purchase receipts, and merchandise credits are reconciled on the cash count report. Will report any discrepancies to the management.
3. Will attend store meetings, complete training, and attend clinics to gain a strong knowledge of the products and policies surrounding the company’s warranty program to answer customer questions. Will explain the benefits of The North Face product and services.
4. Ensures all register areas are clean and tidy and stocked with the necessary bagging supplies. Maintains company housekeeping standards and sets an example for others in keeping the registers comfortable and an efficient space to work.
5. Will assist customers when needed. Will multi-task as necessary without compromising customer service.
6. Will perform other tasks as assigned.
VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A subsidiary...