At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The primary responsibility of the Materials Coordinator -A for VF Outdoor is to support Product Development in the execution and successful commercialization of innovative and functional Materials on a seasonal basis. The Coordinator would have individual responsibility to initiate seasonal developments, monitor and communicate development information to counterparts through the complete and successful product cycle, and ensure developments are in alignment and support of Business/Brand initiatives.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-5.
BA or BS degree in Design(Apparel), Textiles, Engineering, Manufacturing or
equivalent combination of education and experience
Apparel or Accessory experience- minimum 3 years required
Understanding of design and development process from inception through
Knowledge of textile properties, testing, dyeing, finishing,manufacturing or
other textile fundamentals.
Strong organizational skills. Ability to access information accurately and
readily when needed.
Strong communication skills verbal and written - gives concise and focused
Able to make effective decisions through analysis, experience and common sense
or understands when to defer to manager as situation warrants.
Strong prioritization skill - analyze situation and manage priorities based on
understanding of production cycle needs.
Excellent time management skills - ability to adhere to calendar deadlines and
manage work flow accordingly.
Understanding of trade regulations, testing protocol, product integrity
requirements, product cycle timeline and basic production process.
Proactive problem solving - ability to identify potential issues based on
experience/expertise and or research and effectively minimize negative impact
to product integrity/ timing / profitability.
Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a diverse group of
Team player - ability to negotiate and build consensus across multiple
Proficient PC skills (spreadsheets, word processing) Working Knowledge of Lotus
Notes, Web PDM, PLM data management systems, or SAP is a plus.
Flexible attitude willing to grow as company/Brand expands.
1. Utilize technical expertise to inspire RD&D and identify new and innovative Materials.
2. Build and maintain accurate development reports with complete information-material information/pricing/minimums/leadtimes.
3. Communicate clearly with vendors on a timely basis - Development, Quality and Brand requirements.
4. Work with PA to source materials in appropriate markets to support and maximize supply chain flow.
5. Support team in developing design and price right materials. Balance quality and price.
6. Monitor developments, anticipate problems, address and facilitate solutions to manager in a timely manner to minimize quality problems and production delays.
7. Coordinate all information necessary for QA lab testing on a timely basis.
8. Ensures commercialized material information is accurately entered into SAP on a timely basis.
9. Mentor, guide Material Specialist as necessary to complete seasonal goals.
The North Face - 18 months ago
VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A subsidiary...