At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The primary responsibilities of the Product Line Coordinator are to coordinate and manage information and data pertaining to the Product line management, product creation and development, and go-to-market processes. Coordinates flow of information and prioritize, segment, and process as necessary to convey information to internal/external stakeholders and ultimately consumers. Works with assigned category team to help coordinate data and information which helps determine new product and consumer needs, price points, strategic developments. The PLC is expected to help champion a product's introduction from conception through go to market launch and acts as the communication liasion on all details pertaining to the product line. They will manage new initiatives outlined merchandising and development. May aid in performing consumer and competitor analysis for the respective category. Is responsible for aiding in the management of the product planning process, the line plans, certain development information and production information for respective product categories with a very close attention to detail. The Product Line Coordinator is also responsible for initiating, developing and maintaining data communication specifically with sales and marketing. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 1-2.
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Product Development related field.
Experience in a Marketing or Product Development field.
Experience with technical product lines.
Must be able to work with multiple individuals from a variety of different
Strong PC skills (spreadsheets and word processing).
Strong product analysis skills.
Strong multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills.
Strong PowerPoint and Illustrator skills preferred.
1. Maintains and distributes all information of assigned product category encompassing line lists and data in Excel and PLM, hangtags, workbooks, and other CAD books.
2. Assists in creating and managing reports for tracking success and failure of products on the marketplace, sell-through, etc.
3. Develops innovative and creative means of communicating product and category information to internal (Product) and external (Marketing, Retail, Sales, Ops) stakeholders
4. May aid in researching needs of customers (reps, dealers, customers) and consumers and communicates same to product development process.
5. Helps analyze competitor products, sales programs, and collateral to aid in product line decisions.
6. Partners with Marketing to disseminate information aiding in the creation of marketing collateral for distribution. i.e. hangtags, packaging, point-of-sale, etc.
7. Helps ensure critical gates and dates in the process are met, data/updates are coordinated and fulfilled timely and per deadlines as assigned
VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A subsidiary...