At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. As a member of our retail team, you'll serve as an ambassador of The North Face brand and help us keep our commitment to delivering the best customer experience at our retail stores. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy the fast-paced retail environment, this is the career for you!
As Store Manager, you will be responsible for managing the overall daily operation of the store to maximize sales and profits by taking ownership and responsibility for all aspects of store operations while playing an active role on the sales floor; managing the retail store engaged in selling specific, related, or general lines of merchandise by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors; and establishing control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-8. Bachelor's degree perferred or equivalent work experience. Experience in specialty retail and outdoor activity apparel preferred. Experience in a supervisory or management role is required. Specialty outdoor retail experience preferred.
Strong management and development skills. Strong interpersonal skills, must be engaging, flexible, motivating, and encouraging. Strong problem solving skills, must be results driven and solution oriented. Strong time managing and stress management skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance. Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus.
1. Acts as a liaison between headquarters and the stores to ensure that company policies and procedures are understood and complied with. Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, personnel and record keeping policies and procedures. Informs, explains, and trains employees on company policies and procedures.
2. Hires, disciplines, and terminates employees in compliance with company policies and procedures in compliance with state and federal law. Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, personnel and record keeping policies and procedures. Interfaces with Human Resources and Safety and Loss Prevention as necessary on employee issues and concerns.
3. Interfaces with the visual merchandising team to ensure product merchandising standards are maintained. Learns, teaches and enhances The North Face visual-merchandising standards. Ensures that product are rotated on a regular basis. Promotes the increase of sales by making decisions concerning the presentation of merchandise. Implements seasonal layout changes in the store and adapt as necessary throughout the season
4. Plans and prepares work schedules and assign employees to specific duties. Monitors employee’s attendance and work performance. Is responsible for the annual review process and the development of the staff. Initiates discussions with the District Manager and/or Human Resources with employee relations issues
5. Monitors and evaluates sales training program on a monthly basis. Develops a high level of product knowledge with all categories of merchandise by attending staff meetings and vendor presentations. Maintains a presence on the sales floor (as a role model for sales personnel) directing the operations of The North Face business. Obtains knowledge of all staff members’ abilities to better their selling skills and facilitate the review process. Monitors employees’ progress and address it accordingly. Responds to and address customer’s complaints or inquiries. Trains employees in customer service, selling the products and the store policies and procedures. Ensures employees understand the product features and benefits. Assists store personnel in achieving their sales goals.
6. Monitors and maintains the housekeeping standards on the sales floor and in the stock room. Maintains accurate inventory levels. Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand through the buyers at headquarters. Ensures ideal stock levels are accurate and maintained. Communicates sales trends and product needs improvements to buyers. Compiles and forwards weekly and monthly reports to the Retail Administrative Coordinator.
7. Ensures correct and accurate operations with the POS, Warranty, Inventory (physical and perpetual), Accounting, Security, and Shipping and Receiving policies and procedures. Maintains a daily incoming document log and communication binder.
8. Particpates in the weekly management team conference call. Prepares and communicates their store’s progress and plans for the upcoming week. Communicates information from this meeting to employees of their store. Conducts a store staff meeting at least once every month. At such meetings, communicates central information, product development, promotions, floor changes, and policies and procedures. Conducts store meetings each morning to communicate the day’s objectives. Communicate central information and policies and procedures.
9. Identifies and reports health and/or safety issues to the Loss Prevention and Safety Manager. Complies with the Worker’s Compensation program that is set within their state and follow company policy and procedures for reporting accidents on the job.
10. Performs these and other duties as assigned.
The North Face - 20 months ago
VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A subsidiary...