At The North Face, we push the boundaries of innovation with our product design and development of premier apparel, equipment and footwear to enable and inspire athletes and enthusiasts to Never Stop Exploring. We remain deeply proud to be the first choice of the world's most accomplished climbers, mountaineers, extreme skiers, snowboarders, endurance runners, and explorers. If you have a passion for the outdoors and enjoy a fast-paced environment, this is the place for you!
The primary responsibility of the Retail Store Manager is to recruit, hire, educate and motivate a team of brand advocates who in turn can help to inspire a global movement of outdoor exploration. By taking an active, efficient, effective, and motivating leadership role for the team on the sales floor, the manager will be able to maximize profitability by ensuring that Customer Care, Merchandising, and Operations, Sustainability and Outdoor Participation direction is consistent and in compliance with company standards. Establish control-related standards and procedures.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 5-8.
Bachelor’s degree perferred or equivalent work experience. Experience in
specialty retail and outdoor activity apparel preferred.
Experience in a supervisory or management role is required.
Strong management and development skills.
Strong interpersonal skills, must be engaging, flexible, motivating, and
Strong problem solving skills, must be results driven and solution oriented.
Strong time managing and stress management skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and
fingers to handle and feel objects, tools, or controls; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance.
Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
the ability to adjust and focus.
1. Acts as a liaison between headquarters and the stores to ensure that company policies and procedures are understood and complied with. Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, personnel and record keeping policies and procedures. Informs, explains, and trains employees on company policies and procedures.
2. Hires, disciplines, and terminates employees in compliance with company policies and procedures in compliance with state and federal law. Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, personnel and record keeping policies and procedures. Interfaces with Human Resources and Safety and Loss Prevention as necessary on employee issues and concerns.
1. Sales Floor and Merchandising Management:
2. Operations and Human Resource Management:
- Maintains a leadership presence on the sales floor (as a role model for sales personnel)
- Ensures that Assistant Manager and Supervisors are providing feedback to the associates on their customer care, selling skills and product knowledge during their manager on duty shifts
- Ensures that the associates are engaged and able to service the customer in each ABM with both the product knowledge (features and benefits) and activity based knowledge to guide the customer through the purchase decision - Assists store personnel in achieving their sales goals through 'in the moment' coaching and goal setting
- Responds to and addresses customer’s complaints or inquiries
- Manages the visual merchandising and visual standards. Develops and implements Seasonal Floor Plans with the visual merchandising team and implements canges on agreed upon dates.
- Communicates merchandise needs and opportunities to specific corporate office associate
3. Training and Coaching:
- Acts as a liaison between headquarters and the stores to ensure that company policies and procedures are understood and complied with
- Hires, trains, and coaches employees in compliance with company policies and procedures and in compliance with state and federal law
- Interfaces with Human Resources and Safety and Loss Prevention as necessary on employee issues and concerns - Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties - Monitors employee’s attendance and work performance
- Ensures company assets are protected by enforcing company policies and procedures.
- Develops a strategy to develop a pool of qualified candidates quickly to fill open positions.
4. Will perform the duties listed above and others as assigned.
- Provides training and feedback to the management team in the training of associate
- Monitors and evaluates sales and product training program on a monthly basis
- Develops a high level of product knowledge with all categories of merchandise by attending staff meetings and vendor presentations
- Conducts store meetings at least one a month, each morning and at the beginning of each shift to communicate objectives, central information, and policies and procedures.
8. Particpates in the weekly management team conference call. Prepares and communicates their store’s progress and plans for the upcoming week. Communicates information from this meeting to employees of their store. Conducts a store staff meeting at least once every month. At such meetings, communicates central information, product development, promotions, floor changes, and policies and procedures. Conducts store meetings each morning to communicate the day’s objectives. Communicate central information and policies and procedures.
9. Identifies and reports health and/or safety issues to the Loss Prevention and Safety Manager. Complies with the Worker’s Compensation program that is set within their state and follow company policy and procedures for reporting accidents on the job.
10. Performs these and other duties as assigned.
The North Face - 2 years ago
VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A subsidiary...