The primary responsibility of the Visual Merchandising Associate is to assist the Store Manager and the Merchandise Coordinator in managing the visual and merchandising presentations in The North Face Retail stores. The Visual Merchandising Associate may also be required to work as a Sales Associate as scheduled by the Store Manager.
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+.
Completed course work in visual merchandising, design or fashion merchandising. Familiarity with in store visual merchandising/display work or comparable in store merchandise presentation experience1-2 years of retail sales experience in a specialty store environment.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Good PC and software skills MS Office, Lotus Notes and Excel
Occasional lifting of 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting, carrying up to 25lbs: occasional crouching, reaching, frequent walking,/sitting/handling/felling. Constant seeing/hearing/talking: depth perception and color vision required.
1. Assists Store Management and the Merchandising Coordinator with the installation and set up of the monthly windows and in store focus.
2. Assists Store Management and the Merchandising Coordinator with the seasonal floor set changes.
3. Follows up weekly with the Merchandising Coordinator on the status of on going merchandising projects.
4. Ensures that the visual merchandising collateral is received at the store and communicates any issues with the Merchandising Coordinator
5. Assists the Merchandising Coordinator and the Store Manager in training the staff on the merchandising standards.
6. Takes the initiative to identify key styles and make recommendations on ways to maximize sales and increase turn of slow sellers.
7. Maintains the Visual Merchandising supply area in a neat and efficient manner
8. Will perform these and other duties as assigned, including selling as scheduled and providing customers with assistance as needed.
9. Completes all assigned customer service and product training, attends store meetings, and clinics.
The North Face - 2 years ago
VF Outdoor (doing business as The North Face) wants its customers to take a hike -- or take a stab at climbing Mount Everest. A subsidiary...