This is an HBV Therapeutic Specialist position responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets, and consistently achieving sales goals in the Boston Territory.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Responsible for achieving coverage and frequency targets, and consistently achieving sales targets in assigned territory.
- Contributes to regional training, developing the key skills of other team members.
- With guidance, initiates systems to monitor sales progress and action plans. Regularly measures success, documents and provides feedback on performance.
- Manages territory budgets for customer contacts, speaker events and other miscellaneous external expenditures.
- May represent company at professional events and promote company products at such events.
- Works cooperatively with Medical Science Liaisons, National Account Managers, Marketing and other internal Gilead team members on various cross-functional projects.
- Assists in the identification and resolution of issues and opportunities, and communicates proactively to marketing and sales management.
- Completes necessary administrative tasks in a timely manner e.g. updating customer database, expenses.
- Communicates and functions across the commercial team, ensuring efficient collaboration on projects.
- Operates in compliance with Gilead commercial compliance policy, and all applicable federal and state laws and guidance relating to product promotion and information dissemination including, but not limited to, the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, the Food and Drug Administration’s implementing regulations, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act, PhRMA, Corporate Code of Business Conduct and the Office of the Inspector Inspector General’s Compliance Program Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Has proven expertise in interpersonal and relationship-building skills, along with strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Has a working knowledge of relevant therapeutic/disease/product area.
- Is familiar with industry trends and remains current with competitor’s resources and practices. Can speak to the pros and cons (overall goals of plan, cost vs. efficacy, dosing, duration, etc.) of a product protocol.
- Is able to identify rising issues / solutions / opportunities and is able to present / communicate arguments to management/marketing.
- Demonstrates solid analytical skills, able to identify and understand moderately complex issues and problems, and interpret information in a manner that provides appropriate recommendations to management and specialists.
- Is able to work in cross-functional teams.
Typical Experience & Education:
- Typical candidates will possess a BA or BS degree, and 4+ years of relevant sales experience within the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry. Prior experience in appropriate therapeutic area highly desired.
- Achievement of any mandatory country-specific pharmaceutical sales certifications is essential.
Gilead - 7 months ago
Gilead Sciences has biotech balms for infectious diseases, including hepatitis, HIV, and infections related to AIDS. The company's HIV...