Enjoy professional freedom behind bars.
Working in correctional healthcare is not a career. It's a calling. It's an opportunity to leverage your talent and become the leader you were meant to be. In here, your medical input is expected and respected. Your ideas do not get lost within layers of healthcare management. You get to know your coworkers better than you would in a traditional practice setting. You also get to know your patients. And you realize, that time doesn't heal all wounds. But that your medical expertise can go a long way. Here at Armor Correctional Health Services, we treat our patients the way they deserve to be treated. Join us.
Therapist - LCSW or LMHC
Working under indirect supervision, the client will be responsible for providing direct behavioral health clinical services as a licensed practitioner to patients in a correctional setting.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Plans and facilitates educational and in-service training and activities for the staff.
- Provides casework management of a specialized caseload; performs screenings and assessment; prepares individualized studies for admission, placement and discharge.
- Provides counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy to patients as appropriate; prepares treatment plans, discharge plans and follow-up care programs with community agencies and organizations; provides therapeutic crisis intervention as required.
- Documents patient activities and progress; writes patient behavioral health summaries.
- Maintains current knowledge base on social work issues, laws, policies and procedures and techniques.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Psychology and license to diagnose OR Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
- Current State License inFlorida or Licensed eligible and one year of minimal clinical experience providing direct services, completing assessments and developing treatment plans with persons with a diagnosis of a mental illness.
If you're ready to do your life's work you belong in corrections.
- Safe, Secure Workplace
- Health/Dental/Life & Short Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation, Personal Days (Paid Time Off)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Holidays
Armor Correctional Health Services - 2 years ago