Brooklawn Child & Family Services has been providing hope and healing to young minds and hearts since 1851. The purpose of Brooklawn is to provide comprehensive care, treatment and education to emotionally and behaviorally troubled children and their families that are cost effective and responsive to the unique needs of each child, always in close cooperation with the parents or guardians, referring agencies, and funding sources.
Populations Served: Brooklawn’
s residential programs serve emotionally and behaviorally troubled youth ages 6 to 17 without regard to race, creed, or national origin. Brooklawn has a licensed capacity of 105. Brooklawn also provides case management, out-patient therapy, and in-home support services to children of all ages and their families. Children are referred to Brooklawn by psychiatric hospitals, public agencies, case management organizations, private practitioners, and families.
The Therapist candidate must possess active CSW or LPCA status in the State of Kentucky. LCSW, LMFT or LPCC preferred. The preferred candidates will also possess a CADC certificate. License should be in good standing and free of sanctions. Preferably the candidate will have at least three years experience working with children and families.
At least two years of clinical experience working with children or adolescents with emotional problems is required.
The Therapist will provide therapeutic services to the residents of Brooklawn, Inc., on a regular, ongoing basis, as well as all case management duties required for all residents on his/her caseload. The Therapist will also provide a limited amount of regular, evening or weekend on-campus on call-responsibilities.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Job Functions)
1. Conducts individual therapy on a weekly basis for all residents on caseload.
2. Provides group therapy to residents on a weekly basis, when applicable.
3. Provides family therapy to residents and their families, when applicable. Maintains regular contact with families/guardians and all other essential service providers to ensure that treatment progress of the client is provided.
4. Assists with regular and as needed on-campus on-call for residents in need, consisting of a limited amount of evening or weekend responsibilities as a part of their work week.
5. Accurately documents all services rendered to residents within stated time frames (i.e., therapy notes, initial plan of care, master treatment plans, treatment reviews, discharge summaries, psycho social histories, etc.).
6. Works in conjunction with the Medical Records/QI Assistant to complete all
7. In conjunction with the Treatment Team, develops the master treatment plan for each resident, and coordinates monthly treatment plan reviews.
8. Represents the interests of the residents on caseload by attending school meetings, arranging for aftercare, attending and/or convening meetings with CFHS representatives, attending court hearings, etc., and works effectively with Brooklawn Case Coordinators on other case-specific needs.
NON CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Co-leads other therapy groups as deemed appropriate by the Director of Clinical Services.
2. Will accept other clinical on-call coverage when assigned by the Director of Clinical Services.
3. Attends monthly mandatory training sessions at Brooklawn, and attends other in-services and/or training as needed in order to maintain licensure or certification and to maintain current clinical knowledge of treatment issues related to residential treatment of children and adolescents.
4. Maintains Safe Crisis Management, CPR and First Aid Certifications.
5. Participates in the admission, discharge and transfer processes for assigned residents.6. Accepts other duties as assigned by the Senior Therapist.
In addition to the job-specific responsibilities listed below, employees should support the
mission, vision and philosophy of Brooklawn, support and facilitate positive interaction
with others to include an appreciation of a multicultural workplace, maintain accreditation standards, comply with regulatory requirements, and practice sound stewardship of Brooklawn resources.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and sometimes move and/or lift up to 100 pounds in order to utilize Safe Crisis Management techniques.
- Masters Degree
Certification Requirements (Any)
- Kentucky License in Clinical Social Work
- Kentucky License in Professional Clinical Counselor
- Independant Clinical Practitioner License in KY
City of Louisville, KY - 30+ days ago